Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just said the 18"+ was intended to be isolated ...its posters like this that discourage some of the pros that we'd like to attract. 

I agree. Earlier today   Eric Fisher was on 98.5 The Sports Hub...it would be great if the forum could attract additional mets.  My go to site for chess is Chess.com. On chess.com there are many international masters and grandmasters. People on the site are very appreciative of the opportunity to interact with them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, raindancewx said:

Actually think Uncle Sam has the right idea here in most spots. I'd go a bit lower for NYC/NJ/Philly/Western CT. The short range models are good at detecting sleet and small warm profiles above the ground from what I can remember in college when we evaluated model performance in Nor'easters.

14-dec-log-3.png

Was just about to post that I was setting the over/under for my backyard at 3".

2 minutes ago, raindancewx said:

Actually think Uncle Sam has the right idea here in most spots. I'd go a bit lower for NYC/NJ/Philly/Western CT. The short range models are good at detecting sleet and small warm profiles above the ground from what I can remember in college when we evaluated model performance in Nor'easters.

14-dec-log-3.png

Would still be accumulating snow in my area (central Mass). I'd be looking in the 8-12 range for ORH considering temps, orthographic lifting. If its a fluffy snow that might not be hard to get so long as the storm is near the benchmark.

I was just looking over the UKMET and the Euro from 72 hours out to the end of their respective runs...

It's funny - it reminds me how sometimes a line of awesome thunderstorms in the summer seems like it can't miss ... then, the outflow out paces the initial axis ... and triggers a new line just to your east, and the original line then starves ... you get shit - the na na na-na effect

We'll probably do okay and get something for someone somewhere out of this.. .whether it's just the NYC subforum or up our way ...whatever, but, that wave careening into the MV goes out into the region S of NS long after our system has been completely negatively destroyed from the flow, and then it generates a new storm too far E to even get NS ...

It's like a metaphor for thunderstorm line robbing -

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I agree. Earlier today   Eric Fisher was on 98.5 The Sports Hub...it would be great if the forum could attract additional mets.  My go to site for chess is Chess.com. On chess.com there are many international masters and grandmasters. People on the site are very appreciative of the opportunity to interact with them. 

I like Fisher...he is very responsive on Twitter. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Okay, sorry my nonexistent meteorology degree isn't from an ivy league school, or even worse, that it is from Brown. So you are saying that the kicker wasn't there 4 days ago on the GFS, and now it is there on the GFS, and that's why the GFS is currently 100 miles south of some other guidance. I will have to mull this over.

Yeah.. more than less - sorry ..I don't mean to be priggish I just have years of internet experience and typically more the 2 back and forths for some reason results in an hour you desperatately wish you could have back - lol...

It's not that I went to x y z... I happen to be right - period ;)    wave interference is a real phenomenon in fluid mechanics and when you introduce a new wave to a system of dynamics ..it changes it intrinsically - it has nothing to do with me being arrogant or having gone to Brown...   I am actually humble and agreeable much of the time.. but I don't like to yield to fake news - hahaha... kidding a little

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I am busting your balls, no doubt...but ngl, for a first call with so much time and data ahead, was at least a little :weenie:.  

Yea, that is fair enough. I am not averse to being aggressive early, but in this particular instance, that may have been I'll advised due to the SW attenuation and occlusion.

It's not a Final Call, though. 

22 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I really, really liked that "Queen's Gambit" on Netflix -

well written ..  I guess it was based upon an actual novel/period piece from the mid century last.  The producers/directors did an uncannyingly superb job at shining on that era's decorum thru cinema - you could almost smell the carpeting and old ashtray odors in the gaudy art-deco 1960s lobby's  - ya know?  And the costuming and acting was sooo on point for like 1966 hubris mixed with that fake politeness from that era of America -   And the chess was fun!!!  My close friend and I used to hang out on Game Colony . com back in the day... Jesus that's like 18 years ago now - my god. But we were still young-ish then and would play speed chess through beer goggles until 2 .. 3 am sometimes...  We always played our best game right at 3 beers...  Her thing in the show was tranq's.  Something about passing through that phase of inebriation ... it dulled distracting clutter from the mind, but was just before the synapses gapped too largely hahaha...  Man ... we got to 2,800 hundred once  with my guy, "TakeMyPoints" - it was a great way to ensure games. You'd open a room and wait ... and some 1800 Kasporavian wannabe cloaking narcissist would happen by and take the bate every time.  Zomb!  We ended up taking his/her points most of the time...   One time ( at band camp!) the person was threatening to go to the site admins because we falsely named our selves - man, ...the idiocy you get on those sites ... beautiful -

• Like 1