Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

How much for philly?

Tough to say due to sleet. But I am telling you NYC is gona get hit hard. 00z to 03z very intense fronto forcing at 3z. 2 to 3 inches an hour. Should start at 20z. 

Looks like light snow or mist, before the ccb on the backside with additional 1 to 2 inches per hour. Ending at 12z. It is now looking like Boston will also get hit hard, but not much further north. This is not getting into Maine and Nh , Albany wont see more than 6 inches.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Enjoy this one folks! I am in MD prepping for a sleet bomb. :( Our HECS evaporated.

At least you will return back to a good pack in NH. Might pick up some decent snow out of this one after it looking like a clean whiff a couple days ago. 

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

HREF through 12z Thursday.

snowfall_024h_pmm.ne.f03600.png

That’s interesting you get an impression from that like there’s some elevation dependency.

Not sure that’s really what attributes to those local maxes. I mean this cold air is deep ... Valleys are cold too.

Maybe it’s evaporation in a longer fall column? Huh.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

At least you will return back to a good pack in NH. Might pick up some decent snow out of this one after it looking like a clean whiff a couple days ago. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

You’re area in NH is gonna get some snow...on top of the dumping you had 10 days ago. Freshen it up.

Yep, been watching it "tic north." Can we start calling that the Phin shuffle?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

In Cumberland? You're golden there.  That is usually jackpot #2 in RI.  I'm in the more worrisome area as usual - the bay is never my friend in snow events.

I've NEVER seen someone talk Positively of my town haha.  Especially for being #2 Jackpot.  It may have been years ago, but outside of my Only Jackpot in March of Last Year, I usually do about 8th best in RI for Towns.  Even though it seems to be East in many storms is best, with elevation and fully as North as you can go.  I DO like it for this storm.  As long as the 3K NAM doesn't come to pass.  

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That’s interesting you get an impression from that like there’s some elevation dependency.

Not sure that’s really what attributes to those local maxes. I mean this cold air is deep ... Valleys are cold too.

Maybe it’s evaporation in a longer fall column? Huh.

Most of the HREF members are very high res. Could just be local upslope/downslope effects also.