joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

Is that 15 for nyc and 12 for Boston?

;)

If we do a kuchera like situation, you would be normal to wetter in the ratio department, Boston would be fluffier but it is negligible here. however you are close to that sleet line/ battle zone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

anybody think the tracking is more fun than the actual event?  like at some point you gotta just turn it all off and sip it all in........

I actually love the event. For me it’s the reward of following it. If I know my area is out of it, with no chance, there no way I’m following it. 

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah. We've been locked for a while IMO. I think SE does very well too, even if they sleet for a bit. It's been a few years since we've had this widespread a big snow in CT (if it produces). Tomorrow night should be great.  

yes, Definitely looking forward to it. 

Ryan has the SE in the 5-10” range...which is significant for sure. Hopefully they don’t mix much at all..and can maximize as much of the precip as snow.   

2 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

Is that 15 for nyc and 12 for Boston?

;)

2.7 inches count!   See ya at verification time.  Most Bostonians don’t live neat the water at the east end of the city.  Conversely, KNYC is centrally located.   When I was growing up the official NYC station was at the Battery along the water.   I was happy when they moved to Central Park.  Snow totals for past storms got higher in every case.   Eg:  12/26/47 went from 25.8 to 26.4 eclipsed by 2006 February event.   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Shot hour. If all storms were like this ice1972 would become blizzard 2020

download (23).png

download (24).png

Thank you for posting that. You just proved my point. New York stays 15" but Bedford, MA goes up about 5". See, Not a forecast but a hint at the potential and where the fluff factor may be greater.

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

i'll admit there was a point earlier this morning where i thought we were toast......

What's up neighbor. It will be interesting to see what we get from this storm. I'm right on the a farmington/plainville line. Work in west Hartford. Let's see if the Beijing sets up and we see any differences from WH to my hometown

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Great to see you posting, Steve. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. 

A few more goodies for the CT crew. Goodnight. 

6hOd4O5.png

PMSdPN4.png

T6dUOvH.png

AkaYvvS.png

Thanks looking over the Capitol from 150 feet, nice view, excellent holiday lighting.  I am however not happy I can't be home to help my wife clear snow although she loves it. Her work cancelled and I sent her a video on the snowblower I had made pre surgery

• Like 5

Been tracking this storm from afar and wishing I would be in my old stomping grounds in JP or Somerville. Both look like they are in for big totals. One thing that I've seen looking at some of the mesoscale guidance is the push of the coastal front which looks to me to advance as far out as Newton/128 and extend NW/SE. On the cold side of the CF it's really cold, low to mid 20s and on the "warm" side it's 32-34 degrees until you get down to the Cape. The profile above the surface is plenty cold for the ptype to remain snow for most in MA until you get to the cape and there may be a push of sleet into some areas of CT/RI.

This seems like a narrow area of 32-33 degree heavy mashed potatoes with potential for power outages/ tree damage possibly into the Boston metro and extending to parts of the south shore and north shore, thoughts?

(I've got no horse in the race, it rarely gets below 60 degrees where I live, but I love tracking a good winter storm)