• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

17 minutes ago, Big Jims Videos said:

I lived in Luzerne County during the early 2010s and remember many a storm giving NJ the snow and we smoked cirrus.  Why would the gfs be right? What effect is the monster 950 low having on the high? I watched like 3/4 storms in a row blast southeast of Scranton/Wilkes Barre.   

2009-2010 had several storm that did that, December 18-19, February 5-6 and February 10-11 all had brutal northern cutoffs, although the cutoff line moved north each time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

2009-2010 had several storm that did that, December 18-19, February 5-6 and February 10-11 all had brutal northern cutoffs, although the cutoff line moved north each time.

Boxing day was the worst.  Mom's house in Wall had 30 plus inches and my place had flurries.  

Just now, WarrenCtyWx said:

Isn't it always though? It's just a matter of where it is.

Some storms don't have as sharp of a cutoff, the confluence for this one is going to drive a lot of dry air into the northern fringe. Fortunately for this area the confluence is the best friend or this storm would probably hug the coast. 

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Agreed give me a full fledged blizzard any day.

Boxing day storm was the most memorable snowstorm in my lifetime due to its ferocious winds, better than Jan 2016 and just squeezing past PD II 2003.

I would surmise, you've never experienced 2-3-4" per hour snows with no real wind? It's actually enjoyable to be out in 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

I would surmise, you've never experienced 2-3-4" per hour snows with no real wind? It's actually enjoyable to be out in 

Some of my faves are the heavy wet storms with big flakes that pile up quickly and stick to everything 

2-10-10 I believe had blizzard warnings up but we got no wind and it was 32 to 33 the whole time. I got 14" in about 8 hours

• Like 1