• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

56 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The Op Euro has had major overamped biases at this range now for several years.  I believe we could see a run today whether its this one, the 18 or the 00 tonight be insanely far NW (I'm talking where most of the 95 corridor is primarily rain).  Its ensembles though will probably be SE of whatever it does on that same Op run

Exactly, just look at the what it did with Jan 15. It’s going to snow in NYC. It’s just a matter dog how much mix we get. I like where I’ll be on the far NW UWS. Right on the beaches may struggle do to the warm water temps and early season nature of this storm

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The Euro did an amazing job from Sandy in 2012 to Nemo in 2013. The one storm that it was too amped on was January 2015. But since then , it has been coming north many times under 72 hrs. But since each storm is a new test cases, will have to wait and see if the 12z run today gives the euro a much needed win. 

This isn’t comparable to January 2015 because that was relaying on Phasing on a true miller B. This is more of a hybrid Miller A. You have always said the euro dose better with STJ. I’ll bump some posts from you

55 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

So are you thinking the Ukmet is the way to go? 

The UKMET can also be pretty erratic from storm to storm and run to run. It’s usually a rear view mirror assessment on which model did the best with each individual storm. I am going to wait until the UL gets fully sampled tonight over Oregon. Day 3-4 snowfall forecasts have always been a challenge since so many important things usually happen in under 48 or 36 hours. The general public doesn’t mind if you forecast 1.00” of rain and .50 verifies. But you would probably hear about it if it was snow especially on this forum. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The UKMET can also be pretty erratic from storm to storm and run to run. It’s usually a rear view mirror assessment on which model did the best with each individual storm. I am going to wait until the UL gets fully sampled tonight over Oregon. Day 3-4 snowfall forecasts have always been a challenge since so many important things usually happen in under 48 or 36 hours. The general public doesn’t mind if you forecast 1.00” of rain and .50 verifies. But you would probably hear about it if it was snow especially on this forum. 

We are not the general public. Rip that band aid off and fire off a forecast. 

• Haha 3