• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The OP Euro bias in recent years has been to be too suppressed with major Nor’easters. The go to model for us has been the NAM within 24-48 hrs. But that won’t be for another few days. I am hoping the 12z Euro can have some success for s change from 3-4 days out. The 12z run today would shore make many on here happy.

The euro has an amped bias, not a suppressed one. The GFS usually has a suppressed bias 

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The OP Euro bias in recent years has been to be too suppressed with major Nor’easters. The go to model for us has been the NAM within 24-48 hrs. But that won’t be for another few days. I am hoping the 12z Euro can have some success for a change from 3-4 days out. The 12z run today would sure  make many on here happy. I think the last big Euro win from 3-5 days out was Feb 2013.

It’s been too amped in the medium range for a while now. This is the op coming back to earth now 

• Like 1

Just now, bluewave said:

It has been too suppressed several times from 2016 to 2020 with major Noreasters. Remember how it suppressed much of the snow in the January 2016 blizzard to our south from the day before. The NAM won that storm from 24 hrs out. The UKMET also did better with the early February follow up snowstorm. But maybe this will be the storm that it gets it’s mojo back.  The forum certainly hopes so.

So are you thinking the Ukmet is the way to go? 

Just now, bluewave said:

It has been too suppressed several times from 2016 to 2020 with major Noreasters. Remember how it suppressed much of the snow in the January 2016 blizzard to our south from the day before. The NAM won that storm from 24 hrs out. The UKMET also did better with the early February follow up snowstorm. But maybe this will be the storm that it gets it’s mojo back.  The forum certainly hopes so.

To be fair, the NAM won that from 84 hours out.  I've never seen anything like that from the NAM before or after.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, bluewave said:

That was before the 2nd upgrade.  The Jan 2013 upgraded caused suppression issues at times for the Euro.  They upgraded it again in late 2016 I think and since then its tended to have over amplification issues from 90-120

• Like 1

Just now, Rjay said:

To be fair, the NAM won that from 84 hours out.  I've never seen anything like that from the NAM before or after.  

It never wavered.  Normally the NAM waffles a ton in the 48-84 range.  When it doesn't beware...see tomorrow's event where the Euro sort of just caved.  The NAM has never really budged on that.

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

It has been too suppressed several times from 2016 to 2020 with major Noreasters. Remember how it suppressed much of the snow in the January 2016 blizzard to our south from the day before. The NAM won that storm from 24 hrs out. The UKMET also did better with the early February follow up snowstorm. But maybe this will be the storm that it gets its mojo back.  The forum certainly hopes so.

Most recently, and not 97 years ago, the euro has been to amped in the 3-5 day. Just last week it had the sne storm hitting  Interior NNE only back away from it inside 3 days. The wave spacing and confluence screams more progressive.