• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

2 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

The GFS almost always plays catch up in big events like this and has at least one run that's an outlier closer to the event. I wouldn't put much stock into it and will bet anything that it will bump north eventually.

It's had 4 straight outlier runs ironically after it had the most tucked in NW run of any model yesterday at 18Z. I have no idea what to make of the gfs. 

1 minute ago, Mitchel Volk said:

Add of the models together it looks like the I95 cities are in for a possible blizzard

Yeah it looks really good right now. There's a 50/50 chance the immediate NYC metro ends up jackpotting. 

Some of the outputs are really impressive. You have the CMC, Euro, Rgem showing 20-24"+ totals now.

That's not something that should be taken lightly. And the wind threat is real with the tight gradient.

8 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I mostly dismiss the GFS for this storm but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me just a little nervous. You hope it's not one of those times one particular model picks up on something a couple of runs before the others. And if it does somehow verify, I will cry real tears.

There's definitely going to be a super sharp cutoff somewhere on the northern fridge.  That high is no joke.  If I had to guess it'd probably be near or north of Poughkeepsie.   That's obviously not set in stone though. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I mostly dismiss the GFS for this storm but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me just a little nervous. You hope it's not one of those times one particular model picks up on something a couple of runs before the others. And if it does somehow verify, I will cry real tears.

Don't worry, its way off. It has absolutely no support and the chances of other models caving to gfs are low. The opposite will likely happen. 

Just now, sferic said:

My worst nightmare is a western trend bringing the low right up the Hudson River or western LI like March 2017

I'll be happier with tomorrow night's 00z runs but looking good so far

High is too powerful. This wouldn't get north of AC in the worst case and it's more likely to stay just south of Cape May. 

1 minute ago, sferic said:

My worst nightmare is a western trend bringing the low right up the Hudson River or western LI like March 2017

I'll be happier with tomorrow night's 00z runs but looking good so far

I can promise you this won't happen here.  It literally can't.   It can only come so far north until it's forced east.  Exactly where that happens is the key to every weenie's snow hopes.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

It's had 4 straight outlier runs ironically after it had the most tucked in NW run of any model yesterday at 18Z. I have no idea what to make of the gfs. 

Yeah, I suppose it has been pretty consistent with the suppressed look but it's a big outlier and I've seen many times when the gfs has been suppressed only to correct north towards the other models as the event nears. When was the last time the gfs scored a coup for a major event when it was the lone outlier?