• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

6 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Right near Albany gets 2 ft again and Long Island gets skunked, lol. This is just not happening. This is just as non sensical as the GFS, just the opposite. My money is on Euro/CMC blend. 

I think it’s just the snow maps algorithm.   The model would indicate Long Island sees way more snow than that 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I think it’s just the snow maps algorithm.   The model would indicate Long Island sees way more snow than that 

Of course the UK is far, far worse than any other model for those SE of 95, with basically only 1-2" from DC to Philly to Asbury Park, whereas 10 miles NW of that line gets 10" and 20 miles NW gets over 15".  I can't see the gradient being that steep, but stranger things have happened I guess.  Are those locations showing very little snow getting sleet at least?  Hard to believe the snow to rain cutoff is that sharp for the whole storm.  I'd get incredibly lucky in the Edison area with 18" of snow, while friends 15 miles SE of me in Holmdel would get maybe 3-5" and folks 10-15 miles SE of there would get nada.