• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

So we're about 36 hours from the storm and we generally have no idea what's going to happen?  And by that I mean, who is getting shafted, where the heaviest precip falls, is there a dry slot, is there a jackpot zone?  Is that fair to say.....IMBY I've had anywhere from 6 inches to 29 inches the past 2 days of runs....

• Like 1

Just now, jdj5211 said:

So we're about 36 hours from the storm and we generally have no idea what's going to happen?  And by that I mean, who is getting shafted, where the heaviest precip falls, is there a dry slot, is there a jackpot zone?  Is that fair to say.....

Yup this is a nowcast event for I-95. My call is 5-20". That should about cover it haha. For trenton I'm calling 8-14" but that could easily fall apart. The mixing line cutoff is going to be brutal. 

1 minute ago, jdj5211 said:

So we're about 36 hours from the storm and we generally have no idea what's going to happen?  And by that I mean, who is getting shafted, where the heaviest precip falls, is there a dry slot, is there a jackpot zone?  Is that fair to say.....

I don't think I've ever seen a dry slot location modeled correctly 40 hours before the a winter storm. If you see one modeled over your house on one of the mesos 12 hours before game time, then there may be cause to worry. These are very dynamic events laden with moisture. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Yup this is a nowcast event for I-95. My call is 5-20". That should about cover it haha. For trenton I'm calling 8-14" but that could easily fall apart. The mixing line cutoff is going to be brutal. 

It’s a nowcast event everywhere given how tight the gradient between the mix line and the sharp northern cutoff is. I’d agree at this point with 5-20 inches area wide as a forecast 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

Not good trends for those of us near the coast tonight outside of the GFS, good for the LHV and northeast PA. If the Euro shifts north tonight, could be trouble.

Trends aren't good ?

4 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

gfs sucks, the cmc dryslots nyc.....

Still gives us near a foot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherlogix said:

Only consistent model. The Canadian suite it like watching a show stoned and throwing darts. Worthless. This is going to be ugly for a lot of people who don't live at a higher elevation if the GFS is wrong.

The GFS almost always consistently does this with these events though, it’s just consistently wrong .  The Euro has probably been the most consistent of all minus that wild 06Z run it had last night   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weatherlogix said:

Only consistent model. The Canadian suite it like watching a show stoned and throwing darts. Worthless. This is going to be ugly for a lot of people who don't live at a higher elevation if the GFS is wrong.

The cmc had been very consistent until this run bumped a bit further west

***this run not included in the gif

83fe1959-51af-4e8a-89cd-2c25a059ee78.gif

• Like 2