• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

11 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Can't see the thermals but not too dissimilar to the RGEM? I guess a huge front end thump and then dryslot/mix this run. Can't say it enough-700 mb low determines if that'll be a problem or not. GFS brings that off S NJ, this and the NAM seem to bring it through N NJ.

700th.us_ne (4).png

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Trends aren't good ?

Still gives us near a foot.

The dry slot and warm tongue on becoming more prominent on some of the short range models with the jackpot moving further north. Still a good thump of snow but the trends are a little concerning.

The Euro will be telling. Need it to hold serve. Any further shifts north and the GFS is starting to look like an outlier.

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

The dry slot and warm tongue on becoming more prominent on some of the short range models with the jackpot moving further north. Still a good thump of snow but the trends are a little concerning.

The Euro will be telling. Need it to hold serve. 

And yet the GFS keeps moving south with the northern extent of the storm...

If anyone wants to know why those CIPS analogs don’t hold much water the top current analogs in order are 12/14/03 12/05/03 12/25/02 01/26/11 01/03/03 12/05/02.   Of that bunch none really resemble this.  You can probably combine 12/14/03 and 01/26/11 and get something that has some similarities to this but not great 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

If anyone wants to know why those CIPS analogs don’t hold much water the top current analogs in order are 12/14/03 12/05/03 12/25/02 01/26/11 01/03/03 12/05/02.   Of that bunch none really resemble this.  You can probably combine 12/14/03 and 01/26/11 and get something that has some similarities to this but not great 

What are your thoughts for this storm? 

2 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

What are your thoughts for this storm? 

At the moment I would be reluctant to go over 10-11 inches in the 5 boroughs due to so many models showing the 700 low track being close.  I buy the possibility of the 700 low doing that because the system matures or consolidates late.  It’s not a true Miller B but it’s also not a true Miller A so the 700 low may be displaced NW of the surface low center.  I don’t buy anything putting a surface low over New Jersey though 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Barman49 said:

Looks SE of the BM in the blown up frames. We need better images.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

It likely goes north or nne from the Delmarva coastline to Cape May or AC before heading due east to it's position in the 2nd frame.  There's no way of knowing how tucked it really is into the NJ coastline until we ger the better images.  I dropped a link in here earlier.  Use it around 12:20am.  Gn.   

• Like 1

It likely goes north or nne from the Delmarva coastline to Cape May or AC before heading due east to it's position in the 2nd frame.  There's no way of knowing how tucked it really is into the NJ coastline until we ger the better images.  I dropped a link in here earlier.  Use it around 12:20am.  Gn.   
Yup. Need more frames.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk