• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Welp there goes our snowstorm, ugh I guess the PNA will kill us after all. 

If models keep trending west it'll be a couple hours of snow to rain.

It’s supposed to start in like 36 hours so I doubt they’ll be much more trending

5 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

6-12” snowstorm is nothing to sneeze at honestly, if your in central/southern nj and or eastern tip of li, yeah you have issues, but thats always the case.

Agree, despite the panicking no models have the rain line into the city. 6-12 inches and then dry slot isn’t awful. 

• Like 1

Euro wasn’t terrible verbatim. The trend wasn’t good but cold air hangs around for most of the precip near the city. It still drops a foot or so in the city as is, assuming 10-1 ratio. I’ve been saying for days the low would try to hug and cut north, the confluence would have to work to force it east. If the upper air low comes in more vigorous and the confluence can’t compensate this is what happens. But honestly a hellacious front end thump to lighter precip that could be a mix in the dryslot might not be the worst. Won’t be the 20” weenie area north of the 700 low track but it’s not a quick slop to rain event either. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Given it's still trending NW I'm thinking it'll be a couple hours of snow to sleet to rain with a coastal hugger up to the city. 

Huge storm for SNE.

I don’t agree that it will be THAT NW. I still think NYC gets into decent snowfall. It will take a while to pin down where the rain/mix line sets up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Given it's still trending NW I'm thinking it'll be a couple hours of snow to sleet to rain with a coastal hugger up to the city. 

Huge storm for SNE.

Dude you just said yesterday the storm will trend way south. Make up your mind.

No way this is a hugger

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Dude you just said yesterday the storm will trend way south. Make up your mind.

No way this is a hugger

Models keep trending north. I thought the blocking would be enough but it doesn't look like it. 

The north trend was my fear a couple days ago but then models went a bit east and now they're way NW. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Models keep trending north. I thought the blocking would be enough but it doesn't look like it. 

The north trend was my fear a couple days ago but then models went a bit east and now they're way NW. 

The big high should at least be enough to keep cold air in place long enough to make for a fun few hour thump to start that would mean half a foot or more anyway. By the time it warms up the precip is mostly over on the front end of the storm. And maybe it’s not done trending but for the city and even much of the island 90% of what fell on that Euro run was snow. I’m not too surprised, you have a stronger wave coming in you’ll see an amped NW trend. In a moderate Nina like this we need blocking with any storm since they will try to cut. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The big high should at least be enough to keep cold air in place long enough to make for a fun few hour thump to start that would mean half a foot or more anyway. By the time it warms up the precip is mostly over on the front end of the storm. And maybe it’s not done trending but for the city and even much of the island 90% of what fell on that Euro run was snow. I’m not too surprised, you have a stronger wave coming in you’ll see an amped NW trend. In a moderate Nina like this we need blocking with any storm since they will try to cut. 

Mid levels should warm quickly though so it could be like an inch to sleet that gets washed away by rain. 

I think you'd be right if we didn't have a full day of runs continuing to trend north.

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Mid levels should warm quickly though so it could be like an inch to sleet that gets washed away by rain. 

I think you'd be right if we didn't have a full day of runs continuing to trend north.

But you don’t know they will continue to go north. Perhaps the blocking even makes it go a bit south tomorrow. 

• Like 2