• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

8 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Hopefully not and I don't think so but the possibility of a further south and east  trend where NYC metro gets the goods and we get much less is very real 

7 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yes. I'm not usually that optimistic but it would actually take a lot to go wrong for the City not to do really well with this storm. Its the northern and southern areas of the subforum where some shifts will make big impacts. 

A rather concerning run nonethless. Tonight and tomorrow's runs will be very telling where this ends up. My suspicion all along is this eventually evolves into a 95 crusher and we might have just taken the first steps.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Can this guy be banned? :lol: 

Im still scarred from that one living in Long Beach at the time. 

You missed a good one.  14" total here including about 6" in 2 hours.  Ended as some freezing drizzle on the north shore while it was plain rain in OC.  Some of those guys were a combo of disbelief and less than happy with the topsy turvy outcome.

Do I indulge the whims of my kids? They’re already mentioning, “My teacher said it might snow next week,” to which I reply, “A lot has to come together, but the ingredients are there.”

They then sigh and mutter, “Dad, you ALWAYS say that.”

We’re in MMU, so I think it looks favorable. Until then.

• Like 2

Hi... I see some posts on the 12z EPS.All these op model members are part of the entire group.  I want to think that the 12z EC op for the northeast is a lower end member.  

Checking the 12z/12 EPS ens... the qpf is just about as robust as the GEFS and basically close to the WPC 1750z solution.  Snow maps (10 to 1 ratios),  about the same or an inch higher than the 00z/12 cycle and both cycles are higher than yesterdays 12z.  Very steady. 

So,   banding,  IF a 700MB closed low is across  LI or passing by 44025 will make up for lower qpf I84 region.

In essence, I want to see the following cycles not decrease too much.

The 850 low on the EPS is quite quite nice (see the 06z and 12z projections with excellent near 50 knot ensemble inflow). Because of 40s sst, have to think sleet rain mixed at times LI/I80 or I78 southward, (during lower precip rates) after the probable initial burst (1/2S) of snow Wed afternoon I95 corridor. Also, if it does go over... that spells trouble on further snow accumulations rates til the column cools significantly. 

Attached successive cycles of the EPS storm snow, plus the 850 MB wind 06z and 12z/17, plus the 850 anomaly gradient near LI and finally the NORMAL 850 temps for OKX.  To me the suggestion is 850 zero is very close to the south shore of LI.  

None of this is gospel...just brings up things I try to remember to consider.  I don't haven an answer but do have cautions I80 south but rossi could be right. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.30.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.31.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.45.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.45.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.41.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.50.42 PM.png

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Hi... I see some posts on the 12z EPS.All these op model members are part of the entire group.  I want to think that the 12z EC op for the northeast is a lower end member.  

Checking the 12z/12 EPS ens... the qpf is just about as robust as the GEFS and basically close to the WPC 1750z solution.  Snow maps (10 to 1 ratios),  about the same or an inch higher than the 00z/12 cycle and both cycles are higher than yesterdays 12z.  Very steady. 

So,   banding,  IF a 700MB closed low is across  LI or passing by 44025 will make up for lower qpf I84 region.

In essence, I want to see the following cycles not decrease too much.

The 850 low on the EPS is quite quite nice (see the 06z and 12z projections with excellent near 50 knot ensemble inflow). Because of 40s sst, have to think sleet rain mixed at times LI/I80 or I78 southward, (during lower precip rates) after the probable initial burst (1/2S) of snow Wed afternoon I95 corridor. Also, if it does go over... that spells trouble on further snow accumulations rates til the column cools significantly. 

Attached successive cycles of the EPS storm snow, plus the 850 MB wind 06z and 12z/17, plus the 850 anomaly gradient near LI and finally the NORMAL 850 temps for OKX.  To me the suggestion is 850 zero is very close to the south shore of LI.  

None of this is gospel...just brings up things I try to remember to consider.  I don't haven an answer but do have cautions I80 south but rossi could be right. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.30.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.31.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.45.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.45.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.41.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.50.42 PM.png

Thanks Walt.  I am a PA northwest of Philly guy but always come to NY forum to hear your thoughts.  Hoping for a blizzard.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1