Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

20 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Welp, back here for another winter of tracking.  I believe this is my 14th winter tracking storms on the internet.  This year I'll need more distraction than usual because my wife died back in August and now I'm a single parent of two small kids (2 and 4) :(.  Hopefully mother nature can throw me a bone.  

Ouch. Sorry dude. Can’t imagine going through that. Best wishes.

22 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Welp, back here for another winter of tracking.  I believe this is my 14th winter tracking storms on the internet.  This year I'll need more distraction than usual because my wife died back in August and now I'm a single parent of two small kids (2 and 4) :(.  Hopefully mother nature can throw me a bone.  

So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you. :( 

24 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

I am so sorry to hear this. We are here for you. Hopefully this winter can provide some positive diversion for you. Enjoy those children, they are precious and those ages are some of the most enjoyable as a parent.

27 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Wow I’m sorry to hear that. Hope being here can lift you up

28 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

That's horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss. May you have no more pain in your life. 

1 hour ago, RDM said:

Wow.  Going anywhere ivo of a faulty 7.2kV feeder in the rain is brave.  Seen first hand what a faulty feeder on a 2.5MW generator can do and it ain't pretty.  

I don't go near any primaries until I get the all clear or physically see/lock open disconnects!

One thing with trees I don't mess around with any tree that's within 10' of any power line.

I remember being in Belair when this happened!  33kV line dropped across 13kV line plus failure of OCRs at substation in Churchville.  Fortunately those homes were unoccupied.  This could have been quite bad with injuries/fatalities!

31 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Echoing what others have already said...very sorry to hear this and my condolences to you.  Take care of yourself and your kids, keep them close.  And yes, hopefully we can get some snow to brighten things for you at least a little.

37 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Sorry to hear this.  Hopefully something good can come along wx wise to wrap up 2020 which has just been bloody awful for many. :(

49 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Wow, I am so sorry. It's things like this that help put things into perspective for me when I'm b*tching and complaining about something happening during the day.  Pales in comparison to situations people are going through.  

I hope you and your small children are doing ok...I can only imagine how tough it is, especially given the time of year around the holidays.  

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

Did you see it?

19 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I still don’t even know what you’re talking about 

I don’t either. I went to the politics forum to see if he or someone else had put more info there, and even googled a few things trying to find something recent, but that was like looking in the sewer for last night’s turd.

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

Gosh, I am sorry to hear.  Deepest condolences.   

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t either. I went to the politics forum to see if he or someone else had put more info there, and even googled a few things trying to find something recent, but that was like looking in the sewer for last night’s turd.

How do you get in to the political forum?

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I guess it’s a secret

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

That is gut wrenching. I am so sorry :(

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic