• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

December 2020 Discussion

3 hours ago, Mothman said:

I was noticing this but figured I must be weenying because nobody mentioned it. Thanks Fella. We getting that xmas grincher though. 

I saw that, hopefully it changes in the next few days. hate to get 20 inches on  the ground get wiped on Christmas from a rain storm.

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Snower after snower 

The period from Christmas to New Years looks really good on the EPS.  Robust PNA ridging coupled with an -AO/-NAO.  Hardly La Niña like...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Long range overall still looks good IMO. The real lack of a SE ridge in this Nina is interesting.

GEFS kind of went wild with EPO to nao ridge bridge bit eps hints at a nice pattern also.   January looks good to start.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fozz said:

I was just about to mention the 22nd. GFS definitely has the signal and the blocking still appears to be in place. 

No grinch? 

2 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

GFS at 189 hours looks interesting with the setup

If only it wasn't the GFS, but yeah it looks like it might provide a little christmas eye candy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JC-CT said:

GGEM is an epic christmas cutter

The Euro isn't far behind. It's amazing in a sea of cool and stormy, there still is that window to torch exactly at Christmas(24-26). It won't be denied I guess.

May even have to watch 12/24-12/25.....nothing great on guidance yet and we've seen some grinch storms, but if you look at the longwave pattern, this is pretty classic for a correction to more wintry.....look at the features. As Tip would say, "the correction vector" may point to colder here if that look stays.

Dec15_12zEPS216.png

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Based on that panel, the two warmest places in the lower 48 will be far southern FL and New England.

5fd9a82290ffc.png

5 hours ago, Fozz said:

Based on that panel, the two warmest places in the lower 48 will be far southern FL and New England.

I hope that is a blip and not things to come.  It is the GFS after all when I start seeing it on other models than I will get concerned.