• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    XC700
    Newest Member
    XC700

September 2020 Discussion

Both the GEFS and the EPS like the time around early October for the next cool shot.

gfs-ens_z500a_us_42.thumb.png.e33e72eb5b89b8af115edc5beed9d8a8.png

EPS doesn't go out far enough, but if you extrapolated to Day 11-12 it probably is pretty similar.  At least a signal for another trough in the eastern half of the US.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_11.thumb.png.59346c35482969a07dca4f7377b18f1f.png

Actually in line with CON, it looks like MPV has set 3 straight record lows as well up here.  Their POR is only back to like 1950 or so I think, but still pretty solid to put up 3 in a row.

Looks like record lows today were SLK, MSS, PBG, and MPV in the BTV warning area.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys with all these freezes...that can't be good for the leaves. Maybe best viewing on the elevated hillsides?

That's the best viewing anyway, so long as they didn't drop too low, could be OK. 

I checked 2 PWS nearby at 1800ft and 2K, both didn't get below 38F last night. Guess next 2 weeks will tell us.

29F/30/30 here past 3 nights. 

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Both the GEFS and the EPS like the time around early October for the next cool shot.

gfs-ens_z500a_us_42.thumb.png.e33e72eb5b89b8af115edc5beed9d8a8.png

EPS doesn't go out far enough, but if you extrapolated to Day 11-12 it probably is pretty similar.  At least a signal for another trough in the eastern half of the US.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_11.thumb.png.59346c35482969a07dca4f7377b18f1f.png

Yeah GEFS more progressive. Just want rain. 

Wonder if we'll hearken back to this stretch on Christmas, when we're temporarily installing because it's 68/60 outside and the house is 80F with all the cooking. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So CON bottomed at 27° which completely breaks the record low again. 3 straight record mins with no ties. Pretty impressive in this era and at that site...especially September. They have obs going back to 1859. 

Mos is 30 again tonight. Not sure what tomorrow record is 

Back to back 20's here the last 2 mornings, Been a rough weekend for us as we had to put down a pet on Saturday, Have done it 4 other times over the years and its just never easy.

• Sad 11

3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Mos is 30 again tonight. Not sure what tomorrow record is 

25 in 1871. Yore should be safe.  

Just now, dryslot said:

Back to back 20's here the last 2 mornings, Been a rough weekend for us as we had to put down a pet on Saturday, Have done it 4 other times over the years and its just never easy.

That sucks dude, sorry to hear. :( 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Sorry to hear. We have one of our fave chickens struggling since Saturday but she’s inside in a dog kennel putting up a fight. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Damn dude I’m sorry.  That’s the toughest thing to do. Feeling for ya.  My last black lab hit me far harder than any human death so far in my life.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That sucks dude, sorry to hear. :( 

Just now, dendrite said:

Sorry to hear. We have one of our fave chickens struggling since Saturday but she’s inside in a dog kennel putting up a fight. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Damn dude I’m sorry.  That’s the toughest thing to do. Feeling for ya.

5 yrs old is just way to young for a pet to have to be put down, He was a great cat.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

5 yrs old is just way to young for a pet to have to be put down, He was a great cat.

That’s devastating. I’ve had to put down a couple of cats and it was two of the worst times in my life 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That's really young. What was the cause? It is awful losing a pet. 

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

“Light their way When darkness surrounds them; Give them love. Let it shine all round.” A potent lyric and sentiment. One that, apparently, you have demonstrated many times. As always .....

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

27 for the low again. Nippy out there this morning. Have had the fireplace and pellet stove going. Hot water boiler is broken so can't turn that on anyway. Ugh...

Shouldn't you delete your mid-atlantic locations since you're basically living in NH now? 

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Shouldn't you delete your mid-atlantic locations since you're basically living in NH now? 

Eh, gotta keep the trolling privileges active. If there is a HECS lined up for Kingsville I will probably head home for it. Nothing quite like 3 feet of Baltimore cement. Has a certain charm.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

excellent location.  I believe the 28

Thanks, definitely want to maintain my credibility in the temperature department...lol

I planted a few apple trees the other day and the soil was super sandy, the whole way down. Not a rock to be found, amazing to find in SNE...Interesting microclimate for sure

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Thanks, definitely want to maintain my credibility in the temperature department...lol

I planted a few apple trees the other day and the soil was super sandy, the whole way down. Not a rock to be found, amazing to find in SNE...Interesting microclimate for sure

Sandy soil definitely is a factor in low temps, your good

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's really young. What was the cause? It is awful losing a pet. 

Long story, He started to act lethargic the first of last week then started not to eat or drink very much, Tried to take him to the the vet mid week and no one could see him because of covid and there shorthanded, There was a walk in clinic in freeport that my wife and youngest son took him down as i was installing windows at the house on saturday, They waited two hrs and they were going to do blood work and x-rays because he like to eat tissues out of the box and we had found a bunch in his stools, But his blood work numbers were so bad and he had lost so much blood, He was going to need a transfusion but they could not do it there so we ended up bringing him back here and my wife and i took him to the emergency pet clinic where he was extremely critical and they were certain he would not survive the transfusion and there were no physical signs of how he lost all that blood.

• Sad 4

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If next week shoots the bed , I’m going to have the meltdown of all meltdowns . Just getting that out there. 

Relax it's just a lawn, it'll bounce back 80%.  Let's keep the drought going while we got it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1