Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Is it going to be inches for the whole region or another one of those haves and  have nots with dews around 70? If it’s the latter we know how those go 

Well who knows this far out. I see a deep trough and lots of precip potential on the models. At least as of now.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How’s the cold shot they mentioned yesterday on the EPS?

Well the trough is centered to our west. I could see something like NE flow and thus maybe days are cooler if that happens. But it is nothing like this current shot. Verbatim some members have it cooling off after the first and some have more srly flow. I think the real warmth may push out around the first, unless the trough is not as progressive. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus. Lil' Maple Hollow. 

Tell me about it. I am a little OCD with numbers and I am starting to question the Davis. Yesterday I installed it 6 ft off the ground. It is located at the lower edge of the property. Everything is frozen today, so it got below freezing, just not sure about 28 degrees. The location is unique and will be fun this winter, hopefully...

20200921_074257.jpg

20200921_074947.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys with all these freezes...that can't be good for the leaves. Maybe best viewing on the elevated hillsides?

They are just falling off.  4 out of the last 6 mornings have been 32F or lower here, starting with the morning of the 15th.  And 3 of those into the 20s for like 6-7 hours at a time.

The vegetation has to be so confused.  Add in practically no rain for 3 weeks (0.35” since 9/1)...the trees are like we give up, see ya next year.

Just now, powderfreak said:

They are just falling off.  4 out of the last 6 mornings have been 32F or lower here, starting with the morning of the 15th.

The vegetation has to be so confused.  Add in practically no rain for 3 weeks (0.35” since 9/1)...the trees are like we give up, see ya next year.

Hate to see it. Stein is an evil..evil being. Helping with cold and drought.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Hate to see it. Stein is an evil..evil being. Helping with cold and drought.

Ha I love Stein.  Great weather for outdoors and gets us a few more degrees at night.  Grasses still green when they aren’t white in the morning.  Let’s go Stein Diego.  I don’t know when the last time I had to stay inside when I wanted to go hiking or take the dog for a loop in the fields.  It’s awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I love Stein.  Great weather for outdoors and gets us a few more degrees at night.  Grasses still green when they aren’t white in the morning.  Let’s go Stein Diego.  I don’t know when the last time I had to stay inside when I wanted to go hiking or take the dog for a loop in the fields.  It’s awesome.

For weather, it is great. For the yard, it is not. Even the shrubs are crying for mama.