• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob

September 2020 Discussion

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

They were just talking about the general look. Not saying no rain , just kind of a slow backing off and shifting west

You can't go verbatim and judge every run. The setup has not changed with a deep trough out west and several disturbances rotating in. The models are struggling with timing disturbances and judging which one is more dominant. It looks like a wet setup across the NE US overall. Will someone get screwed and someone get inches? Yes. Can we pinpoint where 7+ day out? No. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol AEMATT. Horrible weeklies performance in the US

At least it could be somewhat stormy at times into early October with that trough axis.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

At least it could be somewhat stormy at times into early October with that trough axis.

yea thats a classic soueaster look

Was going to do a long surf tour today from RI to the Cape but one of my pups is sick with double ear infections so instead its surf cams on my TV with some Kenny Chesney and reggae mix. Newport to Marshfield to Hull should be cranking late this afternoon. 

Screenshot_20200922-074243_Gallery.jpg

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Two temperature readings below freezing here before the autumnal equinox.  31.3 yesterday and 30.1 today. Seems fairly impressive for CT.  

I’ve yet to get below 35F.  Garden still going! 

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still looks like a wet look next week at times and fairly warm and humid. Stein has many shook I guess.

You guess?  lol.

Its like seeing a ghost... the ghost of lawns past.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think it's real localized.  My house was 43 this morning.....I went into a little hollow west of downtown in a low open swampy area....it was 35 with frost on the ground.  Fake cold before the equinox. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You guess?  lol.

Its like seeing a ghost... the ghost of lawns past.

LOL, 3 ghosts visit Kevin every night? 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man we came close to a Perfect storm repeat. Good thing the ULL didn't cutoff. 

GANIMHEDBNq10.jpg

Timing with the tides would have been yore. My son is excited to check out the waves later on. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We've gone 32°, 27°, 27°, 26°, 28° for lows since last Friday.  This rest of this week into the weekend looks like it will be textbook Indian Summer weather.

41 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I think it's real localized.  My house was 43 this morning.....I went into a little hollow west of downtown in a low open swampy area....it was 35 with frost on the ground.  Fake cold before the equinox. 

Eh, the growing season has ended in a lot of counties in New England the past 5 days per the NWS, with frost in another tier.

BDL with 36F then 34F then 33F is pretty impressive for the third week of September.  IJD with back to back sub-32F hard freezes.  CON and MPV with 3 straight record lows.  This was a pretty solid cold shot for a good chunk of New England.  

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro brings that trough further East. Kind of a new pattern that established mid September 

20200922_084005.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty crazy Satellite right now... there's a lot to unpack in this with the tropical storm, the smoke getting drawn in, the valley fog in central NY and PA, etc.

1263542946_Screenshot2020-09-22084722.jpg.51c6bd35ac17e195f10e1aa7b714bffe.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro brings that trough further East. Kind of a new pattern that established mid September 

20200922_084005.jpg

That's pretty good for the Great Lakes. East side is usually warmer and stormier. That would be a decent look in winter for sure. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They were just talking about the general look. Not saying no rain , just kind of a slow backing off and shifting west

Teddy goes east, next low goes west. wtf

16 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Teddy goes east, next low goes west. wtf

Well, we’re not sure how far West next weeks system goes yet.  You could still get decent rain.
We may have broken the dry begets dry pattern with the trough position changing.   

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Was going to do a long surf tour today from RI to the Cape but one of my pups is sick with double ear infections so instead its surf cams on my TV with some Kenny Chesney and reggae mix. Newport to Marshfield to Hull should be cranking late this afternoon. 

Screenshot_20200922-074243_Gallery.jpg

Steve,   I watch the Hampton Beach webcam but if you have time could you suggest a few that you watch?   Thanks

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

She gone here, 4 days in a row below freezing, Bye bye, Were working on putting it to bed.

image.png.516b8d07f085fd61eb1f55b586e78e55.png

image.png.7eeafebd450225dcf38ffe63374e0caa.png