Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

September 2020 Discussion

36 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

6-10'' east of CRV :lol:

Ha all I could think of when I saw that was the “back to the river” calls from someone when E.Mass would be getting the focus.  Back to the river dammit!

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

.10-.25 of scattered showers. Stein in full auto pilot 

Without looking at anything, you thinking south coast and Pike northward?

We’ll see. I think some areas of New England will get a good drink. Of course some areas will get screwed, but I think that trough will last into and maybe last day 10...so enough looking at just Monday or Tuesday. Got to look beyond that.  Looks fine to me. If you are only happy with nothing less than 2-4” of rain, I salute you. 

We’ll see. I think some areas of New England will get a good drink. Of course some areas will get screwed, but I think that trough will last into and maybe last day 10...so enough looking at just Monday or Tuesday. Got to look beyond that.  Looks fine to me. If you are only happy with nothing less than 2-4” of rain, I salute you. 
I'll take a 1/4" at this point

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Agree, shaping up for a stunner for you guys under that cirrus with western edge clear...great recognition Gene.  Could see it all day over in NH from Mansfield.

PF.   It just didn't work out here.  There was a fair amount of smoke but not enough in my opinion to make it such a dud.  We had the cirrus.  Just don't know why it was not better.

• Like 1

looks like pattern shifting ever so slightly wetter, I think we can put all the drought talk away till next summer.  We are not in the Sahara, it will end like everything else does weather-wise in NE..

• Haha 1

When I was a kid what I can remember is being on the tail end of the dry years in the 60s and watching the only rain around being the thunderstorms channeling down the Ottaquechee Valley two ridges north.  It happens.

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

looks like pattern shifting ever so slightly wetter, I think we can put all the drought talk away till next summer.  We are not in the Sahara, it will end like everything else does weather-wise in NE..

This is scarring to DIT... every single May and/or June going forward that has a period of even 7 days without rain will throw him into a panic that it may not rain again for 4 months.  

Just now, powderfreak said:

This is scarring to DIT... every single May and/or June going forward that has a period of even 7 days without rain will throw him into a panic that it may not rain again for 4 months.  

This year was pretty dry but it's ending,  she gone...

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Think he will ever mow his lawn again so much he burns it or will he learn his lesson about letting grass grow when its dry

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

PF.   It just didn't work out here.  There was a fair amount of smoke but not enough in my opinion to make it such a dud.  We had the cirrus.  Just don't know why it was not better.

That’s weather for ya...you just don’t know why things sometimes don’t workout, when every single aspect points in the direction that it should have.  

• Weenie 2

Decent temp recovery under way..,

39 last night at 9:30 ... now 54  impressive

76 tomorrow might already seem quite warm after 3 solid days of unrelenting cool wind by day and sparkling car tops at dawns

I'm back up at Pit2 for several days this week.  Yesterday was awesome.   Heavy overcast, strong along with strong and gusty winds whipping up the water.  All that was missing was having the wind whipping heavy snow.   In time.

Meanwhile, what a stretch of COC coming here. 76, 71, 69, 70.  Loving it.

• Like 1

Looks like the front is a few days faster than I thought for early October. Still troughy in the Midwest with a front close by. We watch for homebrew. Definitely looks like a few wetter periods between early next week and beyond to start October. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty mild to warm from now through Sunday. Probably some near to low 80s in spots. Especially Sunday.

Can't get much better. Enjoy it while we can.

59 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty mild to warm from now through Sunday. Probably some near to low 80s in spots. Especially Sunday.

About as perfect as it  can get before the rainy cool period

• Like 2