• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    david121212
    Newest Member
    david121212

August Discobs 2020

47 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Oh look, another storm 1mi away from me that’s not giving me rain.

Not a drop here. Lots of thunder, some awesome cloud formations, and outflow breezes though.

Sprinkler running now. Gotta keep that seed moist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Not a drop here. Lots of thunder, some awesome cloud formations, and outflow breezes though.

Sprinkler running now. Gotta keep that seed moist.

Got a call to pop right over head. Ground is wet but not much more. 

But it looks like things are going to collide over me in the next hour or so.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Got a call to pop right over head. Ground is wet but not much more. 

But it looks like things are going to collide over me in the next hour or so.

Most of this activity should die off in the next few hours, as it was mostly driven by surface heating/ surface boundaries/bay breezes.

Tomorrow might end up being a better day for more widespread convection. Looks like a ul perturbation moves in early,  there will be some actual shear, and the front will still be across the area. SB instability probably wont be as high though.

No rain, but a storm came probably less than a mile to the south, i could see an entire lightning flash, loud thunder, but no rain. Maybe a few drops at most.

Nothing but heat and dust here . Not a drop.  Don't/ Didn't expect anything . Too far north lol. 

It was nasty this afternoon in pikesville . Lost 5 lbs in water weight i think . I think it hit 93/77 there.

Much quieter now, but still raining pretty good and got the Flash Flood Warning. Guessing things could get a little hairy for Main Street EC given the current radar.

Another storm, probably about a mile away. Not moving much, but getting bigger. Been hearing thunder for hours at this point. It’s so mean!

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

44c355909c53141ac343bf08eb246870.png
So far just east of Ellicott City. Fingers crossed...

I think the actual dot on the map representing Ellicott City is actually west of Main Street. It appears just west of 29. My guess is that 3 inch mark is almost right over Main Street. Bullseye may be just south of Main Street.

I think the actual dot on the map representing Ellicott City is actually west of Main Street. It appears just west of 29. My guess is that 3 inch mark is almost right over Main Street. Bullseye may be just south of Main Street.

Yikes. Apologies for the bad knowledge of Maryland geography. Hope things are alright on the ground.

5 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I think it's just S/SE of downtown.  But it's close.

Just now, AmericanWxFreak said:

Sirens going in Old Elliott 

I believe that automatically happens any time a Flood Warning is issued for the area.

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow at Odenton -- looks like 4 or 5 different cells just coalesced over top of them.  Gonna be wild there for a bit.

I can verify that it was pretty wild. Crazy lightning and heavy rain.