• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential few SVR/FF events parts of NYC forum Wed-Thu 7/22-23/20

wdrag

Review: Appears to me 2 bands of big storms going to move east southeast through portions of the NYC forum between now and midnight, with isolated heavy showers ahead of  and in between. Of possibly greater interest to me for widespread heavy rain is just north of the frontal boundary between 2AM and 10AM Friday (LI-I80 southward). 

Line in MA has been SPC watched. That may extend back into ne PA soon?  The line further back in central NYS may be bigger deal (warning out recently)...that one is closer to the wind shift. Not quite as ripe ahead of the lines as yesterday but would not give up yet... Have plenty of instability, moisture and lift arriving this evening.  (see what's happening over L Erie in cloud animation at 1830z).  

For Friday morning: there could be quite a band of heavy rain just north of boundary if the wind turns light north or northeast by dawn Friday...accentuating sublet lift of a wet airmass. Not severe but rainfall of over 1" in 6 hours possible.  Not guaranteeing but that has been cued by the UK and less robustly in a few other models.

Just have to wait this out a little more and watch upstream development, surface convergence and dew point pooling near 74F for the prefrontal few SVR or FF.  I think there will be some action to discuss in our area by 6PM. 240P/23

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Looks like a wet micro burst to me. We could play back the radar loops and see if there was any rotation detected. 
this evening should produce a few more severe storms in our area. Leaning towards central and south jersey. 

• Like 1

Not over. Iso SVR possible thru the night...not probable but frontal boundary, PWAT 1.9", 850 vorticity with trough coming sewd, RRQ 500mb jet and activity not yet waning very much in PA/CT (esp CT where its not supposed to be doing much in the models). I think the NAM12K has it right and while I could be wrong, I am looking for showers, iso thunderstorms to expand eastward along I80-LI and persist into the 10AM Friday hour.  If I'm wrong, I'm possibly just a touch too far north.  I saw minor svr late this aftn toward Red Bank NJ, possibly now in sw CT, and Pequest NJ area already past 3.6" for the entire forecast period. Will try to gather a few more reports in the morning thru 12z only. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1