• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX

Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Marty walsh apparently sent a cease and desist to a Boston harbor cruise company, that allegedly was operating at 1/3 capacity because he didn’t like the way the pictures looked with the amount of people. 

Apparently we have reached the politicians doing literally whatever they want when they want portion of the pandemic.

You saw the photo, no one was following social distancing guidelines and the crew was not enforcing them.  Passengers were all crammed top deck.  They should be penalized for that.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice, ORH.  

My wildlife includes accidentally leaving a can of Pringle’s by the pool this evening when the wife and I sat out for a drink.  A friend was dropping something off so we ran inside for a bit. 

I came back out a half hour later to clean up and the Pringle’s are gone.  No where to be found but I notice a paw print on the table.  Looking around I find the container along the woodline... damn bear stole them in the half hour we were chatting on the other side of the building!

300624C4-0AFE-4150-95A4-BE90535555EE.jpeg.79e824bee0d2a71a3a4f90a248a3c7e8.jpeg

Ah, the best Pringles flavor.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Just saw that they are distributing to Mass now, trying to figure out how I can leave work and take a little 3 hour round trip to resupply my fridge now that power is back.

Honestly, at that point you are only four hours from their actual brewery,  where you can get about 6-10 different types of cans! 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Honestly, at that point you are only four hours from their actual brewery,  where you can get about 6-10 different types of cans! 

Well that's an 8 hour round trip. But yes, I could do some damage in VT that doesn't involve taking the power out for a week.

Sorry, as somebody with professional brewing and beer judging experience, Alchemist and Lawson’s still outrank most of the current  fanboy haze darlings.  
Both  of those breweries can also make damn good Pilsner’s and lager quality is often a measure of a brewer’s skill level. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Well that's an 8 hour round trip. But yes, I could do some damage in VT that doesn't involve taking the power out for a week.

Oh yeah, round trip was your reference point lol.
I can try and find out which NE MA stores will have Alchemist and PM you. 

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's time has passed.  Focal would be my choice between the two as well.

Ten Bends' Cream Puff War is the new "big" thing around here.  It is pretty damn tasty.

Stuff coming out of Burlington Brewing is spectacular too.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sorry, as somebody with professional brewing and beer judging experience, Alchemist and Lawson’s still outrank most of the current  fanboy haze darlings.  
Both  of those breweries can also make damn good Pilsner’s and lager quality is often a measure of a brewer’s skill level. 

Lawson's contract brews at least some of their stuff with Two Roads in Stratford.

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Do not agree. Both of those are distributed and have severely degraded. I would never seek those breweries out . I’d drink then if they were offered, but there’s probably hundreds if not thousands that are better 

23 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Lawson's contract brews at least some of their stuff with Two Roads in Stratford.

Lawsons had a brief quality control issue at Two Roads but I believe, with their new brewery, everything you are getting in Massachusetts is from Vermont. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not agree. Both of those are distributed and have severely degraded. I would never seek those breweries out . I’d drink then if they were offered, but there’s probably hundreds if not thousands that are better 

Kevin, unless there’s a seachange at a brewery, the beers don’t change but our beer palates do. 
in a few years you might be singing the praises of a quality Pilsner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Kevin, unless there’s a seachange at a brewery, the beers don’t change but our beer palates do. 
in a few years you might be singing the praises of a quality Pilsner. 

I’m happy with miller lite on a hot Friday night. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I still prefer Lawsons... Sip of Sunshine line has stayed solid.  I just think others have expanded on that taste, but it was an original and certainly gets the job done.

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

I still prefer Lawsons... Sip of Sunshine line has stayed solid.  I just think others have expanded on that taste, but it was an original and certainly gets the job done.

That’s a solid go to for me. Easy to get too. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I honestly don't know if I've ever had a Miller Lite.  Our college beer was Molson... we wished we were Canadian, ha watching "Hockey Night in Canada" on channel 11 out of Montreal while at UVM.  Coors was another popular one... but never Miller.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Loons out this evening

EAFA998E-C3F1-4E73-A51D-80876139B2A0.jpeg

1CF7B539-BD30-4CA7-9624-358414EE1D28.jpeg

The Loons have made a huge comeback. Good for them. Love their calls.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Last year I brought a six pack of Coors Banquet  into the brewery.  Everybody rolled their eyes except our head brewer at the time and he took three good pulls off a glass and said “Like it or not that is a perfectly executed Beer.“

• Like 1

I love my local beers, but once in a while the easy, "soda pop" pilsners have their place. I just bought some Modelo and Peroni, which I have never done before to my knowledge. Add lime and they hit the spot in the summer.

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah. ACE is the way to go because of storms like Gonzalo lol. CSU is expecting 8 more hurricanes, 5 of which are major, and 200 ACE. We’re actually well ahead climo normals for this point in the season with Hanna and Isaias leading. Not saying much because ACE really increases post Aug 20.

ACE should come around to impress too.  

It’s really down globally too. People focused on half ass storms in the Atlantic, but nobody talks about how low it is globally. 

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

I honestly don't know if I've ever had a Miller Lite.  Our college beer was Molson... we wished we were Canadian, ha watching "Hockey Night in Canada" on channel 11 out of Montreal while at UVM.  Coors was another popular one... but never Miller.

Miller High Life tho’.  The champagne of beers...
:D

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That was what I always had. Molson was good too. I’m just not huge on heavy beer in a hot day. Would rather rip back 3 millers in an hour. Maybe 4. :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I love Miller Lite. Although I can't remember the last time I had one. I hardly ever drink anymore and when I do I can barely even finish a drink. But too me, it has the most flavor out of Bud Lite and Coors Lite. I first started drinking when I was 19/20 and I hated the taste of alcohol...couldn't stand it but I tried Miller Lite and I seemed to not hate it so I fell in love with it. That and 40's of Steel Reserve were my drinks of choice watching hockey games. But I retired from 40's of Steel Reserve December 13, 2018. ughhh 40's of Steel Reserve were the best thing ever 

Not if enough people don't get vaccinated 

This. If enough people don’t get on board, the vaccine will need to have a higher efficiency rate. 50 ain’t gonna cut it imo. Not with all the anti vaxers out there.

#NovaScotiaStrong
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Fresh Heady and Focal Banger all over Greenfield today!!!
VT sales must be slow lol! 

They haven't been delivering to SVT for that long..maybe less than a year in would say? I actually saw an end case in Shaws that had it on sale few months ago, so not exactly flying off the shelves. 

I think like you mentioned in another post, maybe my palate has changed, but there are many other IPA/DIPA offerings that I enjoy more that are delivered locally.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s really down globally too. People focused on half ass storms in the Atlantic, but nobody talks about how low it is globally. 

West PAC is outrageously quiet from what I understand, though I only really follow the Atlantic closely. 

As an aside, it’s amazing that half my town is out of power, including a supermarket, but all the liquor stores are open. The liquor store lines are longer than the gas lines. :lol: 

• Haha 1

I figured this was a much better thread to continue the beer discussion in.

I’m just having fun talking about beer with folks, you like what you like and it’s all good if you’re supporting local breweries and they make a product you like. 
Although not always involved in a professional sense, I have had the good fortune of being connected to the New England brewing revival since 1990.

I became more involved as an actual livelihood about seven or eight years ago.  Just to be clear, outside of your right beet right time Brewery’s, rarely do small or mid-size players get rich with beer.  Wr do it for the love of the art and free beer. Plus it’s really cool when people ask what you do. 
Enjoy whatever beer you like but it is important to try all styles to make sure you’re not missing something.

Reading about styles is also very important to understand what you like or don’t like and why. Randy Moshers “Tasting Beer” is a must read!  A true connoisseur, brightly explaining beer in layman terms. 

Disclaimer: I can, on occasion, be a very cranky beer critic.  Style is style and you strive to get it right!  Keep practicing if you don’t.  The absolute worst quality in a Brewer is not accepting  constructive criticism.

• Like 3