Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

55 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Well done. An excellent piece that can keep the interest of an untrained person yet still increase knowledge and get the message delivered. Two thoughts remain with me. One that MIT and Princeton professionals Are looking at the possibility of a category 6 hurricane and that potential storm systems described in the article could be possible in our norther hemisphere. What such an atmospheric event would do to a densely populated area is beyond frightening. As always .....

44 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Man, remember a month ago when people kept screaming "where is the spike in deaths???"

Hopefully your states learned from other about reopening restaurants and bars...it doesn't seem to work.

Indoor dining has been open in all New England states for over a month (some states for 2 months). No noticeable effects. 

But most have rules of either 25% capacity or no more than 6 per table (MA). No bars....and people are following mask guidelines elsewhere indoors. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Indoor dining has been open in all New England states for over a month (some states for 2 months). No noticeable effects. 

But most have rules of either 25% capacity or no more than 6 per table (MA). No bars....and people are following mask guidelines elsewhere indoors. 

NH indoor dining has been open longer 

no effect in stats. The Fauci fear index has dropped to 3.0 out of 10 but I’m predicting a big bump in fear during cold (cough symptom) season. Every cough will be met w concern , don’t under-estimate That.

Also worth following CIM-S case numbers . That appears to occur couple weeks after some adolescence Covid inflections (many a symptomatic) until the CIM-S weeks later . Anecdotal 

I heard several young teens in My girlfriends town had been at the walk in clinic and pediatricians presenting rash, fever and somewhat reddish finger “pads”

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep.  We did it right thus far from a mitigation standpoint.  Not many around here think anything about putting one on now.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

NH indoor dining has been open longer 

no effect in stats. The Fauci fear index has dropped to 3.0 out of 10 but I’m predicting a big bump in fear during cold (cough symptom) season. Every cough will be met w concern , don’t under-estimate That.

Also worth following CIM-S case numbers . That appears to occur couple weeks after some adolescence Covid inflections (many a symptomatic) until the CIM-S weeks later . Anecdotal 

I heard several young teens in My girlfriends town had been at the walk in clinic and pediatricians presenting rash, fever and somewhat reddish finger “pads”

Everyone gets stuffed back indoors once the weather turns colder around here so it’s definitely going to come back some. 

But as long as people keep wearing masks when indoors in public, it’s gonna be hard to have big outbreaks. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Everyone gets stuffed back indoors once the weather turns colder around here so it’s definitely going to come back some. 

But as long as people keep wearing masks when indoors in public, it’s gonna be hard to have big outbreaks. 

Can we start a new coronavirus thread?  :)

• Like 2

Florida seems to be following suit.

Florida recorded generally lower COVID-19 numbers in Sunday’s report from the Florida Department of Health but still added more than 9,000 additional positive tests, while the Jacksonville area reported a notable decrease in coronavirus deaths after adding 25 fatalities in the two prior reports.

23 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Florida seems to be following suit.

Florida recorded generally lower COVID-19 numbers in Sunday’s report from the Florida Department of Health but still added more than 9,000 additional positive tests, while the Jacksonville area reported a notable decrease in coronavirus deaths after adding 25 fatalities in the two prior reports.

I’m thinking they plateaued which would be great. It was heading in a really bad direction for a bit.   It is also a very large state with lots of urban pockets

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m thinking they plateaued which would be great. It was heading in a really bad direction for a bit.   It is also a very large state with lots of urban pockets

FL has definitely maxed out.  Hopefully people will be careful there because it’s still a shit show.  TX/CA still struggling a lot especially TX.  The good news is everyone’s border is closed so hopefully we can keep this all internal.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Looks like a slight rise in cases in mass over the last couple days. Hopefully we don’t see a knee jerk reaction and roll back of reopening.

Probably going to be small fluctuations from here on out.

If people ignore it some rollbacks possible.  If we are smart we won’t have to

53 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

If people ignore it some rollbacks possible.  If we are smart we won’t have to

Parties seem to be the big spreader now.

Harvey Cedars said Saturday that 17 lifeguards, all of whom had “attended a party in Surf City,” had tested positive for COVID-19. The island’s health director earlier said a dozen Surf City lifeguards had tested positive.