Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Hanna & Gonzalo......zzzzz. Bring me Isaias. 

I want no part of it!.  Already in my storm prep mode down here in S FL for that wave coming off Africa, making sure storm kit is up to date with supplies and running my generator.

• Weenie 2

30 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

People who want/wish/whatever this stuff have never had loss of power for a month.

I lost power for a week. Wilma S Fl. .  Was so awful , left town and stayed with my relative in Orlando. Storm itself was awesome.

I would take that again. But granted , not a month .

11 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I lost power for a week. Wilma S Fl. .  Was so awful , left town and stayed with my relative in Orlando. Storm itself was awesome.

I would take that again. But granted , not a month .

Longest in my adult life was 4 days in 1998, plus 4-5 hours next day - probably intentional shutoffs to protect lineworkers nearby.  Had anything broken in the 400' between Brunswick Avenue and our place, it would've been more like 14 days than 4.  The 1953 ice storm in NNJ took out our power for 6 days, but we didn't worry about losing internet or charging our cellphones back then.  At my age (almost 7) it was a great adventure.  Have yet to lose power due to a TC, only ice storms, wet snow and traffic accidents.

No power for two weeks after Bob and it was fine, though we drove home where there was power , twice.  When i lived in NH I lost power for 8 days in February 2010? 2011?  With the 75mph winds. that was worse as it was fairly cold (though probably AN).  No big deal once you adjust to roughing it.  

I don't think we're in a TC drought - per se ... - in New England.

Unless this has changed ... I recall reading there's a rough 30 year periodicity for at or > cat 1 threat N of NYC latitude/coast...

We had Bob in ' 91?  ...plus, a cornucopia of residual threats that might sorta kinda argue for occurrence ( tho lame) via the lesser aggregate. 

Expectations are constant drama and dystopian or bust, I know ... Lol