• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

Just my opinion... but it's easy to envision/imagine a rapidly redeveloping or newly developing surface circulation somewhere immediately astride the N/NE coastal region of the Island of Hisp. 

That mid level presentation is folding cyclonically now more readily in the last couple of hours ... some models have been suggesting that - including the GFS actually - so perhaps we finally are on the verge of at last witnessing an actually TC emergence here.

• Like 1

Yeah... courtesy of Ryan H.'s nice statistical overview of New England cases, there is a typical layout in the 500 mb height anomaly distribution ..where positive orients from eastern Canada arcing around the Maritimes and subtended below that, there is often a weakness in the lower OV...usually centroid over the midriff easter cordillera.  The TCs move with the circulation conducted by these maestros .. up the east coast, but the positive anomaly blocks the eastern turn such that it manages the whole trek and strikes.

The 96 hour EPS' mean from 00z "sort of" depicts that... The 500 mb does not offer enough of that last minute/latitude block to  prevent the turn.  That suggests a parabolic miss...albeit, uber close.  It may clip the Hatteras ... It wouldn't take much of a reposition of the positive height anomaly lurking E of CC and S of NS to get this to Boston before the east turn, and probably needs another couple of runs to really gain confidence that/those crucial details are necessarily being handled right

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I think it’s really close. Really close.

Always lean OTS up here but the pattern as modeled currently is about what we need for more direct impacts. 

yeah I agree it is close...I think the orientation is just a bit off and perhaps would like to see some better digging west of us. Certainly close but when it comes to us...close usually not enough lol. I do think we will see some heavy rain and gusty winds though