Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX

cold wave and interior snow threat 5/8

3 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Spotty flurries in Piscataway.

Just unreal 850 mb temps.

What amazes me is the temp on my thermometer reads 47 degrees with these flurries coming down. I've seen snow with temps in the low 40s before, but never the upper 40s. This is crazy.

This would be a nice snow squall by winter standards. Wonder if there is some graupel mixing in or it’s all snow?

00B7456B-7EE4-4363-90DD-BB5083224280.thumb.png.3112987fa55346ac2afc7ca748e6a978.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

This would be a nice snow squall by winter standards. Wonder if there is some graupel mixing in or it’s all snow?

00B7456B-7EE4-4363-90DD-BB5083224280.thumb.png.3112987fa55346ac2afc7ca748e6a978.png

All snow in highland lakes

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bluewave said:

There was some graupel  mixed in with the snow in Hardyston, NJ.  I never saw a snow squall like this in April or May and it would have been  impressive even for January

• Thanks 1

That radar looks like it belongs in December not May. It has been popcorn snow showers up here all day, at least it's not so cold anymore that you don't want to be outside but it sure doesn't feel like springtime.

Watching that heavier squall well to the west and just noticed that there are stray flurries already flying here now.  Temp is 45.  Low this am was 33.8.

• Like 1

I had one grauple-fest a few hours ago and then intermittent snow showers since then. It seems that something more of a congealed squall is taking shape off to the NW in association with the strongest dPVA. The mesos had been picking up in this last night. 

Heavy squall for 20 minutes just starting to wind down. Accumulations began on grass and cold surfaces again. temp dropped from 41 to 35 during the squall.

If anyone talks about sun angle in late February next year and how the snow won't accumulate during the day, I may have to seek them out just to slap some sense into them, while holding photos from today.

• Like 1

Big squall headed for the northern part of NYC