Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
cold wave and interior snow threat 5/8

forkyfork

34.2° and moderate snow falling.

It's been exactly 43 years to the day that I could make that statement on May 9th. Of course that storm produced 6-10 inches of snow in parts of SE NY SNE and Central NY and NE. Slide mountain NY received 27 inches which was the jackpot in that memorable storm.

Now lets see if this one can produce any accumulation, an inch or two would be pretty cool.

• Like 3

At midnight, it was 41 degrees in New York City. That’s the coldest May temperature there since May 10, 2010 when the temperature also reached 41 degrees.

North and west of the City, snow was falling in parts of New Jersey and New York State. Courthouse Square in Delhi, NY was covered in a blanket of snow.

http://www.co.delaware.ny.us/webcam.htm

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

At midnight, it was 41 degrees in New York City. That’s the coldest May temperature there since May 10, 2010 when the temperature also reached 41 degrees.

North and west of the City, snow was falling in parts of New Jersey and New York State. Courthouse Square in Delhi, NY was covered in a blanket of snow.

http://www.co.delaware.ny.us/webcam.htm

Not far from here. Great webcam for when I'm not here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dWave said:

TWC has the coldest forecasts I've seen. We'll how close it gets. I believe it hasnt been below 40 in May in NYC in over 40 yrs or so, or ever in my life. Ill be checking for a snowflake..

Yes. The last time Central Park dropped below 40 in May was May 1, 1978 when the temperature fell to 38.

• Thanks 2