• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
cold wave and interior snow threat 5/8

forkyfork

Hi! Prob for 1" run by NWS ensemble at 2029z/6 seems a little low on the prob for 1" by 18z Saturday. Reflects the diversity of solutions and difficulty accumulating snow after late Friday afternoon temps in the 40s as well as short duration of decent Fri night snow or in NYC (mixed R/S?).  Pretty sure widespread flurries Saturday morning and gusts 40-50MPH Saturday midday-afternoon,.  Will check back early Thursday. 

• Like 3

• Rjay pinned this topic
1 hour ago, uncle W said:

I hope someone is awake in Central park if wet snow flakes mix in overnight...it would go unreported...they already missed the little snow that fell in late April...

Oh well, first we had a group that couldnt measure, now we’ve upgraded to a group that has yet to figure out that weather/precipitation  can be a 24l7 phenomenon. As always

since its going to be lousy by May standards I'd like to see some record cold or snow...record lows are near 35 and a wet flake would tie a record...out here in Staten Island its 10 degrees colder on a windless night than Central Park...pretty close to the same if its windy...I might see temps close to freezing imby before it gets to normal again...

22 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

LOL GFS

Yeah no way.  I mean it could happen.  The only areas that will see accumulating snow with this are those under a CCB or any area of frontogenesis with better rates.  Given the way this whole thing is setting up I feel it’s unlikely at the moment that coastal areas would end up under that though it may setup more SE than the Euro and others have been indicating