Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
cold wave and interior snow threat 5/8

forkyfork

2 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Speaking of late snow, May 25, 2013 (Saturday of Memorial Day weekend) was darned close and I suspect parts of the area did have snowflakes mixed in.  The high temp at ISP that day was 49 with about 3/4" rain and strong NE winds.  I took my son to a track meet at Randalls Island and it was a miserable day (but we did get to see Usain Bolt in his prime).  It was windy, rainy and cold and at one point I thought I might be seeing some white rain in the mix. Maybe I imagined it.  Meanwhile, upstate this was going on:

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/whiteface-mountain-gets-three-feet-of-snow/3309477

The Catskills got snow that day too.  I think something similar might have happend around Memorial Day 1967.

Confirmed I saw flakes fly in Nassau county that day. Remember it well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

What’s your location? Here’s the latest from Nws Binghamton 50d15999bbecce163cdc748a9ae641f0.jpg

Precip is the issue. Just too light. Radar is trash too, can't really be surprised given the date. At this point I'll settle for a coating which shouldnt be hard to achieve even with light snow given the progged  temps at sundown as it will pretty quickly fall into the 20s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Precip is the issue. Just too light. Radar is trash too, can't really be surprised given the date. At this point I'll settle for a coating which shouldnt be hard to achieve even with light snow given the progged  temps at sundown as it will pretty quickly fall into the 20s.

Always the wild card. Precip ending & cold temps. Every so often it works out...just not in May.

sitting at 40f here. 
raining at a good clip.

a few short range models give my area 1-2 tonight. Honestly if I see snow falling..it a big deal. 

4 hours ago, Rjay said:

Any flakes in nyc this time of year is historic dude.

Can’t disagree but it’s not gonna happen either way. I’m expecting some flurries here around midnight lasting maybe an hour and I’m well inland and have some elevation.

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

Can’t disagree but it’s not gonna happen either way. I’m expecting some flurries here around midnight lasting maybe an hour and I’m well inland and have some elevation.

Lol. So should we just make threads for what you’re interested in? Like another busted marginal risk day lol 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1