Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What town are you in , any elevation?

Southbury. I’m just under 600’ but I rarely see that elevation impact me one way or another here. Whenever marginal events occur, areas just to my NW like Roxbury and Washington which have 1k spots, tend to do better and see the differences. 

I’m expecting 1-2 here but leaning low.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Southbury. I’m just under 600’ but I rarely see that elevation impact me one way or another here. Whenever marginal events occur, areas just to my NW like Roxbury and Washington which have 1k spots, tend to do better and see the differences. 

Really? I’m about 600’ here and it’s always a huge difference just down the hill. Especially these marginal late season storms. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That's what happened to you guys last week right?

Yes, in combo. 

We had significant dynamic cooling aloft as the low bombed out, but in the lower levels once we got temps down into the mid to upper 30s the melting took us down to 33 or 32. As soon as the snow let up temps tickled back up to 36ish.

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

i wouldnt be surprised at anything from 0 to 6" for you, it's so damn close, especially at that elevation too.