Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Every EURO run seems like Kev ran out of his basement at 1kft. 

I think northern CT is elevation dependent and lower elevations looking better a bit further north where its even a half a degree to a degree C cooler through the column.

Just finish off the rest of the trees up here and end it. It's like a microburst hit in my neighborhood.  I should video it

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Does 18z euro still maintain the hang back feature? I always find those curling looks in the mid levels to perform very well...even over perform in some cases. 

My sugar peas finally broke ground and are an inch tall, so why not...could be the latest snowfall I have ever experienced, so let's do this.

3 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The 2007 snowfall in Maine ended on April 17th. If it snows on the 18th, it would be the latest snowfall I've seen in recent memory. I did see it snow at Killington in early May in the early 1990's. I don't remember the exact date/year.

What about 5/18/02?

• Like 1

Just now, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I wasn't around for that snowfall. I just remember it snowing about 3" at KBL and raining at Snowshed.

Only brought it up because N CT had snow on that date. Not sure it was measurable though. We had about an inch in ORH. 

58 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Overnight runs didn’t change much. Pretty solid look for a good slice of SNE. The accumulation aspect will definitely be influenced by rates...especially in the lower elevations. 

Did things shift north any or is the Euro still showing some accumulations down to the coast?

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Only brought it up because N CT had snow on that date. Not sure it was measurable though. We had about an inch in ORH. 

Nothing here on 5/18/02 but the Farmington co-op measured 3" on the 13th, their latest 1"+ on record.  6 miles east I had only 0.3" - had 5 times as much while tilling the garden on 5/7/76 (but that was Fort Kent.)

I want to use my snowblower one last time.. next week might be interesting too!

On May 18?  Not even worth pulling cord this time of year unless there's 10" or more and one needs to go somewhere. 

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Did things shift north any or is the Euro still showing some accumulations down to the coast?

It still looks like you might get some. Might happen a little later in the event there. Initially it’s a bit warm in the boundary layer down there. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Nothing here on 5/18/02 but the Farmington co-op measured 3" on the 13th, their latest 1"+ on record.  6 miles east I had only 0.3" - had 5 times as much while tilling the garden on 5/7/76 (but that was Fort Kent.)

I want to use my snowblower one last time.. next week might be interesting too!

On May 18?  Not even worth pulling cord this time of year unless there's 10" or more and one needs to go somewhere. 

May 1977 was a big one where I grew up in Foxboro. 10-12”.  Ripped a lot of trees and branches down