Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2020

George BM

5 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

lol, when does it get warm? I am closing on a place in a month, hope to change my shelter in place location :)

Define warm :)  It's going to snow tonight/tomorrow morning.

There's a few buds popping on trees here but for the most part things don't get "green" until next month so it still has a winter look for the most part.  Average high this time of year is upper 50s.  By Memorial Day its about 70.  Summers here are fantastic as an escape from the UHI back home.

Congrats on the place!  Near the lake? Wisp?  What town?

7 hours ago, Weather Will said:

Long shot flakes focusing on Day 6-7 wave on EURO,  EPS, EPS control and GEFS.

30493EC8-7800-468C-AFA0-DB63A948A9F5.png

AE13E34E-CABC-4D0F-9E83-C5783D74CBA0.png

0092B8B9-ED2B-4A1A-A724-0604F67DE29A.png

E7F9AE1D-9897-402F-B1CE-437654695CDA.png

E3F1C89F-59EA-4F57-906F-E522FE4D0286.png

The last few days there have been a few ensemble members that dropped so much snow to get my area close to normal for the season...with 90% of the snow coming in April.  Obviously that's not going to happen...but its interesting none the less.  This is one of the coldest April patterns I've ever seen advertised frankly.  Especially given its going to be mid april by the time it comes to fruition.  It's a crazy combo of all the cold built up from the strong PV finally discharging after the extreme blocking this week leads to a complete dump into the eastern CONUS next week as it breaks down and the EPO ridge goes up.  Basically all that arctic air from the crazy strong PV all winter finally gets released and dumps down.  Obviously too late to do much other than make us chilly for a week (yea maybe by some miracle we get some snow...it has happened before but its like a once in 50 years type thing).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

The last few days there have been a few ensemble members that dropped so much snow to get my area close to normal for the season...with 90% of the snow coming in April.  Obviously that's not going to happen...but its interesting none the less.  This is one of the coldest April patterns I've ever seen advertised frankly.  Especially given its going to be mid april by the time it comes to fruition.  It's a crazy combo of all the cold built up from the strong PV finally discharging after the extreme blocking this week leads to a complete dump into the eastern CONUS next week as it breaks down and the EPO ridge goes up.  Basically all that arctic air from the crazy strong PV all winter finally gets released and dumps down.  Obviously too late to do much other than make us chilly for a week (yea maybe by some miracle we get some snow...it has happened before but its like a once in 50 years type thing).  

I was hoping you would chime in on the upcoming pattern.  You might just pull off the impossible in your location.  Me not so much but hope is good thing. 

• Like 1

Honestly what gives me an inkling of hope is that the EURO and its ensembles have generally been more bullish than the GFS/GEFS for this period. SnowTV for some genuinely seems possible. It’s an exciting distraction from reality!
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Strong thunderstorm near easton MD

I hit one going into Easton this morning, and then this one heading out. No shelf this time. Poured all the way up 309. I get home, and the ground is barely wet lol.

The wind machine is cranking though.

• H2O unpinned this topic