March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

:wub: winter

Very mild start to the morning with many locations in the low 50s at
3 am across RI and eastern MA! With not much of an airmass change
and model soundings supporting mixing up to 850 mb or just below
high temps today should easily rise into the upper 50s to lower 60s
along with a low prob of mid 60s. These values are very close to
record highs for the day.  See climate section below for details.
Given the very mild start sided with the warmest guidance to derive
high temps today. In addition MOS will have a cool bias with this
anomalous airmass given cool season equations still used this
month. Normal high for today, 40-45.

8 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah the highway through Cumberland County is going to be scorched out a bit, shadows will keep some snow and a sun bare ground. 

If you're staying in Waterville you should stop by the Proper Pig (my in-laws are part owners), though I'm not sure your frail frame could handle the burgers.

Staying in Bangor tonight and downtown Portland tomorrow night. I figured it was mainly bare Or will be after today , all up along 95 to Bangor , so that confirms that . I hope to see some near Skow

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I assume the euro sucked?

A fair assessment considering the tone of the last couple of hours of conversation. 

I’m still stuck at 20.5 inches on the season and looks like I’m not adding anything of significance any time soon. Throw in the ridiculous temps since Dec 22 and this now ranks in my bottom three winters of all time. This will also be the first winter I’ve never gone below 5. Other than the first two weeks of December what was even the point of having winter?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think I recall the GFS caving NW a few times. In the end, a blend would have sufficed and that blend apparently wasn’t good enough.

I think the GEFS (depending on verification of course) would have been the thing to be most annoyed with. It's been stubbornly robust and nw. 

23 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Given the winter, it’s probably not happening, but it really wouldn’t take all that much to get SE areas into the game.

I mean, the CMC does it as is 

I would tell you not to do it, But its to late, You have done everything possible on this one that you shouldn't have done.

9 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

You must be 30 or younger...

I’m 35 but I used to live in Luxembourg and I moved here back in May of 97. I missed the big blizzard of 96 and I was here for the miserable 97-98 winter but we got lucky in New York City around March 22nd of 98 we had 5.5 surprising snowstorm that hit. It was supposed to be a non event and we got a burst of heavy snow. That made my winter. Coming from Luxembourg we got some good snows back when I lived there but New York City I think averages a bit more if I’m not mistaken.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Staying in Bangor tonight and downtown Portland tomorrow night. I figured it was mainly bare Or will be after today , all up along 95 to Bangor , so that confirms that . I hope to see some near Skow

Should see some snow in the hills between Newport and BGR.  That area (160s mile markers), always catches snow, also unwary drivers.  It's Maine's I-95 version of the Mt. Tolland Triangle on I-84.