• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

January 18th Event

And poof. That was fun to track for a week. I'm so bored with this winter. Hopefully next weekend juices up and at least gives us some heavy rain and flooding. I'm desperate for weather.

Dusting but still Busting downtown DC. But think this might  be the  biggest dusting so far In this tragic winter here, since colder this time than during the two previous bursts of flurries....

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No doubt the dry air doing its dirty work in areas with dews teens and single digits. 20 or above looks to have gotten some ground truth . I actually thought it would moisten up quickly enough. 

PhotoPictureResizer_200118_070454613_crop_1440x1678.jpg

WHO sent all the snowflakes to Arlington to coat The Hill Of Doom??

Seriously, eyeballing I'd say a quarter-inch.

2 minutes ago, weatherCCB said:

Second batch of precip looks to be ahead of schedule

dont think it will make much difference. Maybe a little more sleet.

Won't be much of a lull the further north you are esp M/D line looking at the meso models 

39 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Of course I’ll get the area of precipitation that is broken:lol: Fitting, considering I haven’t received 1 full inch from any storm and probably only about 1.5” total on the season 

Don't know if that even would have mattered.  Got a pretty solid line here in Frederick and nothing to show on the ground.  Curse you dry air!

Just now, MDphotog said:

Don't know if that even would have mattered.  Got a pretty solid line here in Frederick and nothing to show on the ground.  Curse you dry air!

The line was half through here before it reached the ground.  Probably 15 to 20 mins of virga 

21 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Southern end of it looks impressive on radar. Maybe Cambridge to Salisbury will get a surprise. Sure looks pathetic for my yard, as usual lol.

Yup. Radar is hilarious with the first line - areas not in advisory cashed while the advisory areas see a broken line.

Picked up .6” from that little thump band. Way more than I expected so I’m happier than a pig in shit. 

Temps are cold. 25.6/22. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Yup. Radar is hilarious with the first line - areas not in advisory cashed while the advisory areas see a broken line.

Sorry that it fizzled out from DC north. It was sure nice to see and have everyone get in on.  Just hope things are right and more come for y’all later

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The line was half through here before it reached the ground.  Probably 15 to 20 mins of virga 

Some returns popping on radar overhead here as the weak part of the line approaches. Maybe some micro forcing...hoping for 30 seconds of pixie dust.

Well, that band looked decent but literally fell apart right when it got to me. Not sure it would have mattered anyway. Dry air won out. Saw 0 flakes. Sweet storm, sweet winter. Hope all you folks along MD-PA line cash in. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I just woke up and I already missed it?

You almost had it! Gotta be quicker than that! Haha. The line was weak as heck. Not what models showed but NoVA/DC and southern Md scored a quick win 

Tiniest flakes ever, a full 15 minutes after that line first went overhead....as it’s leaving. Sigh. 

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

Sorry that it fizzled out from DC north. It was sure nice to see and have everyone get in on.  Just hope things are right and more come for y’all later

Nice to see a burst for areas not expecting anything - I’m mostly just amazed at how far north the whole system drove to deny our area any widespread thump. This winter is so disappointing.

The few snow pellets that collected on my patio table at around 7am sublimated away within minutes. It is definitely dry out there.

20 minutes ago, H2O said:

Picked up .6” from that little thump band. Way more than I expected so I’m happier than a pig in shit. 

Temps are cold. 25.6/22. 

Well look at you mr. Living in the tropics, having more snow than me today. Congrats friend :thumbsup:

• Like 1