• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowIsMyName
    Newest Member
    SnowIsMyName

Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

6 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Very nice!  Just measured 2.6"....I would assume once you go up just a bit in elevation around me there is probably 3-3.5".

Its a bit unusual for my total to be that much higher than yours.  There have been some nice bands here today. I guess that made the difference ?  Maybe you will hang on a while longer than me, being east of here.  Do you know what your elevation is there ?

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Just about over in Germantown, looks about a half inch.  Given the winter we are in, I was just happy to see snow falling!

Looks like at least an hour left or so imo

Just now, Bob Chill said:

The slow start/rain appears to have cut into my chances at 2". That was my high bar. Will finish over 1" at least

On roads or grassy surfaces? Not one flake stuck to the pavement here and I'm pretty close to you. 

Overall it was pretty to look at, but a little bummed, mainly because the forecast rates never really materialized. 

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

43 and the rain has begun here.

Damn what happened to that 27 degree temp and low dewpoint from this morning? LL ESE winds FTL.

Congrats NW folks.

It at least smelled like snow when we had some heavy rain come through Easton....40, 0.2" of rain

Just now, Bob Chill said:

The slow start/rain appears to have cut into my chances at 2". That was my high bar. Will finish over 1" at least

Super fast mover. That and LL temps have been the biggest issues since this became a legit "threat"  imo. 

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Its a bit unusual for my total to be that much higher than yours.  There have been some nice bands here today. I guess that made the difference ?  Maybe you will hang on a while longer than me, being east of here.  Do you know what your elevation is there ?

475' give or take.  .5 miles in either direction elevation is around 550+.  Little Antietam Creek flows through our back yard so, its a very localized thing that I have seen many times.  It doesnt surprise me you have 4 otg.

Once the snow kicked into gear it was heavy for about 45 minutes and then went to mod and at times light for the remainder.  Didnt get into anything heavy after the start.  

1 minute ago, SnowtoRain said:

It at least smelled like snow when we had some heavy rain come through Easton....40, 0.2" of rain

Yeah the radar looks great. Too bad there is no cold air around. Down to 40 here as well, 0.15".

1 minute ago, poolz1 said:

475' give or take.  .5 miles in either direction elevation is around 550+.  Little Antietam Creek flows through our back yard so, its a very localized thing that I have seen many times.  It doesnt surprise me you have 4 otg.

Once the snow kicked into gear it was heavy for about 45 minutes and then went to mod and at times light for the remainder.  Didnt get into anything heavy after the start.  

Interesting.  My 4" came in almost exactly 4 hours, so I'd say rates were consistently good for the duration.

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I never have any good spot to measure but after trying a couple of spots my guess is about 1.2" as of 4:00. I'll see what others get before feeling comfortable with that.

Seems about right to me.  

27 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It dropped 11 degrees in a few miles. I will assume the warm air was rapidly exiting at that point downtown, but, still, it was ridiculous.

The walk from Penn Quarter to L’Enfant was filled with puddles and wet blobs dropping on me like so much pigeon sh*t. As soon as we crossed the river there was some accumulation; not much, but some.

• Like 1