Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2020

George BM

22 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Caught the 3rd period at a local bar. Good win but agree on the penalties. Gotta keep that neater. Nice to see PPG by us though. 

Got to admit Samsonov is beast in goal.  Believe I saw he is now only the 2nd NHL rookie goalie ever to start with 8 straight wins on the road.  Capitals really have a stud in him... kind of makes it easier for you guys to wave Holtby goodbye if he keeps this play up.  Can't wait to see the Jarry/Samsonov matchups

7 hours ago, yoda said:

Got to admit Samsonov is beast in goal.  Believe I saw he is now only the 2nd NHL rookie goalie ever to start with 8 straight wins on the road.  Capitals really have a stud in him... kind of makes it easier for you guys to wave Holtby goodbye if he keeps this play up.  Can't wait to see the Jarry/Samsonov matchups

Completely agree, I’ve been really happy with his play and honestly I didn’t expect him to be this good at this point.  I highly doubt we keep Holtby after this season - he’s been in a major slump lately so I hope he snaps out of it.  He’s a great goalie, great for the locker room, and I just hope he doesn’t sign with a rival. 

29 minutes ago, mappy said:

Went to BC Brewery last night for a work party, and I hate that I haven’t been there sooner despite working within walking distance. Their cucumber melon sour was oh so mothereffing good

I was there a couple weeks ago for the first time in almost a year, and although I was disappointed that the dart boards are gone :thumbsdown:, the beers have vastly improved. It was a cold, pre Christmas Day when I was there, so I found myself drawn to the Yukon Cornelius Stout. :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, snowfan said:

I'm heading to Alaska the first week in February. Selfishly, I hope it's a torch here if it improves chances of me getting some winter conditions while I'm up there. 

If it's in the 70s next wknd, I'll take advantage and go for a long cycle. F this winter.

But...but...but....Isn’t it more fun to bitch and moan about the 70 degree weather on an Internet forum instead of getting outside?

15 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Food is pretty good also

We had it catered, I think. But I hear the food trucks they have outside sometimes are good. 

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was there a couple weeks ago for the first time in almost a year, and although I was disappointed that the dart boards are gone :thumbsdown:, the beers have vastly improved. It was a cold, pre Christmas Day when I was there, so I found myself drawn to the Yukon Cornelius Stout. :thumbsup:

Nice! It’s a cool little spot. My husband has been there for happy hour more times than I know, but I hadn’t. Need to go more. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Meanwhile...the models continue to show a dang rainstorm for next Saturday...rain football AGAIN, smh So not only is the pattern crap and warm...the Ravens finally secure home field advantage and now it looks like the old "rain on the weekends" theme seems to want to start up again....CRAP!!!!!!

They will just have to run for 300 yds instead of 200.

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Winter in D.C is overrated anyway. Sometimes it snows sometimes alot but mostly it doesn't 

Well it’s not like we are seeing near misses to our north anyway.  No one outside NNE is seeing winter like they would expect. Maybe this particular pattern won’t repeat for this duration for many years.  

11 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Nice! I’ve had the vanilla and of course the regular. If I see bottles in my journeys, I’ll definitely grab one or two. 

I have a bottle of the Vanilla in the fridge. That is my "least" fav of the 3. I defo need to get more of the Bourbon barrel one.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

@mattie g

@nw baltimore wx

@Scraff

If you haven't tried DFH Bourbon barrel aged World Wide Stout, pick one up(or more, but at 18.3% one will do). Freaking delicious.

Hmmmm.... Keep talking. So how much are we talking price wise? 

40 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Winter in D.C is overrated anyway. Sometimes it snows sometimes alot but mostly it doesn't 

Who would have thunk it. Leesburg the philosopher. :D

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

You kids need to try this one! One of my brands. Really nice. A bit hoppy, but I don’t mind hoppy Imperials. 

7D6FEFEB-2D4C-4491-878E-52B7698B7877.jpeg

Oh I don't mind imperials at all. lol. Prefer them actually. I have tried quite a few from Mispillion. Not tried that one yet though. Love Milford, DE. Such a comfy, quaint  town.

Speaking of Imperials, I cracked open that Oak aged Vanilla WWS. It was calling me from its very temporary home in the fridge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic