Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2020

George BM

7 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

@mattie g

@nw baltimore wx

@Scraff

If you haven't tried DFH Bourbon barrel aged World Wide Stout, pick one up(or more, but at 18.3% one will do). Freaking delicious.

I’d be all over that if I can find it. Thanks for the heads up!

3 hours ago, Scraff said:

You kids need to try this one! One of my brands. Really nice. A bit hoppy, but I don’t mind hoppy Imperials. 
@mattie g

@C.A.P.E.

@showmethesnow

@nw baltimore wx

7D6FEFEB-2D4C-4491-878E-52B7698B7877.jpeg

Nice. Is that brewery-only or is it in distribution?

Speaking of imperial stouts, I just brewed one today. 3-hour boil, so I’m hoping for a really nice Maillard reaction to give me some real depth of flavor.

Original gravity is 1.130, and I mashed at 156...shooting for a final gravity of 1.036 or thereabouts, which will put me at 14.5%. That’s before any bourbon that makes its way in from the soaked toasted oak spiral, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and almonds. :thumbsup:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Speaking of imperial stouts, I just brewed one today. 3-hour boil, so I’m hoping for a really nice Maillard reaction to give me some real depth of flavor.

Original gravity is 1.130, and I mashed at 156...shooting for a final gravity of 1.036 or thereabouts, which will put me at 14.5%. That’s before any bourbon that makes its way in from the soaked toasted oak spiral, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and almonds. :thumbsup:

Sounds awesome!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

All right PSU, big game tomorrow: battle of the birds.  Seattle seems to be sputtering, the Eagles on a bit of a mini roll.  What do the ensembles say?

I almost never bet on the Eagles because I know I am biased but if I was going to put money on the game I would take the Eagles.  By no means do I think its a lock, Eagles arent a dominant team by any stretch and they are very banged up, but a few things make me think this is a favorable matchup for them.

I think it is highly unlikely they turn the ball over 5 times again.  It was a one score game last time despite 5 turnovers.

The Eagles defense is very good at home.

Seahawks defense isn't that good....I would be more concerned given the Eagles offensive limitations with the injuries against a defense that could totally squash them.  

Seahawks are run heavy and the eagles strength is stopping the run

Seattle run's a lot of audibles at the line and that wont work in a playoff game in philly

There have been 8 instances where a 9-7 or worse Division winner played a 11-5 or better wild card team...and the division winner is 6-2 in those games.  

Eagles are 5-0 all time as a playoff underdog at home.  

I think in the NFC Seattle is the best matchup for the Eagles.  Still I only give them a slight advantage but if I did bet it would be on Philly.  

Next week they probably get destroyed on the road.  

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Titans are probably the last team the Ravens wanted to play

Totally disagree. The dude runs for almost 200 yards and they score 14 points. I’m not in the least bit worried. Their offense has zero chance of hanging with us. We will win by 10. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Totally disagree. The dude runs for almost 200 yards and they score 14 points. I’m not in the least bit worried. Their offense has zero chance of hanging with us. We will win by 10. 

I agree.......but if the Titans are able to put together 15 play drives that eat up 8 minutes of game clock  with ground and pound football it could be a problem.  Could keep the game close going into the 4th qtr.  Great way to beat Lamar Jackson is keep him on the sideline.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icefishingrocks said:

I agree.......but if the Titans are able to put together 15 play drives that eat up 8 minutes of game clock  with ground and pound football it could be a problem.  Could keep the game close going into the 4th qtr.  Great way to beat Lamar Jackson is keep him on the sideline.  

Smart response....low scoring because of the long time consuming drives. Should be competitive if Henry is Henry and Tannehill doesn't turn the ball over. I think Baltimore wins but not by alot

21 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Smart response....low scoring because of the long time consuming drives. Should be competitive if Henry is Henry and Tannehill doesn't turn the ball over. I think Baltimore wins but not by alot

Looks like a rainy game too. Both teams like to run, and so it will come down to which D can get the other team's O off the field, and turnovers. Titans are a tad scary to me, because they do play smash mouth, and are playing loose. That being said, their Dean Pees led defense ranked 21st this season, and the Ravens should be able to move the ball effectively and control the clock.

6 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Ball control. High scoring teams don’t want to play teams that hog the ball. Remember that the Ravens are a run first ball control team too. 

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like a rainy game too. Both teams like to run, and so it will come down to which D can get the other team's O off the field, and turnovers. Titans are a tad scary to me, because they do play smash mouth, and are playing loose. That being said, this is a Dean Pees defense and the Ravens should be able to move the ball effectively and control the clock.

Titans run D is definitely a bit soft. Harbaugh just has to have the nuts to keep it on the ground and not have Jackson throw too much. With the rain minus a bunch of turnovers I can see this being a 21-17 type game. 

I predicted Auburn would beat my gophers 63-28 so I'm going with that same score for my Vikings.  Saints over Vikings 63-28 ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Titans run D is definitely a bit soft. Harbaugh just has to have the nuts to keep it on the ground and not have Jackson throw too much. With the rain minus a bunch of turnovers I can see this being a 21-17 type game. 

I predicted Auburn would beat my gophers 63-28 so I'm going with that same score for my Vikings.  Saints over Vikings 63-28 ;)

Thank you for that.

We need to use every tactic available.

11 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I almost never bet on the Eagles because I know I am biased but if I was going to put money on the game I would take the Eagles.  By no means do I think its a lock, Eagles arent a dominant team by any stretch and they are very banged up, but a few things make me think this is a favorable matchup for them.

I think it is highly unlikely they turn the ball over 5 times again.  It was a one score game last time despite 5 turnovers.

The Eagles defense is very good at home.

Seahawks defense isn't that good....I would be more concerned given the Eagles offensive limitations with the injuries against a defense that could totally squash them.  

Seahawks are run heavy and the eagles strength is stopping the run

Seattle run's a lot of audibles at the line and that wont work in a playoff game in philly

There have been 8 instances where a 9-7 or worse Division winner played a 11-5 or better wild card team...and the division winner is 6-2 in those games.  

Eagles are 5-0 all time as a playoff underdog at home.  

I think in the NFC Seattle is the best matchup for the Eagles.  Still I only give them a slight advantage but if I did bet it would be on Philly.  

Next week they probably get destroyed on the road.  

If the just weren't so depleted by injury, I think they could make some noise.

As it is, which is more likely, epic pattern flip or another eagles super bowl?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic