Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Seriously...what was the last storm where all models locked in on a similar solution and stayed that way all the way to game time? There's always 1 or 6 that stray as we get closer. That's why all of us are bald

Even Mappy? 

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to the school systems these days. Not like when I was growing up and we would all be gathered at the school windows watching the snow fall heavy with 3-6" already on the ground counting the time until school let out. Normal time no less.

My earliest snow memories are waiting for busses in snow or listening to KYW and NJ 101.5. I got mad when they changed their jingle years ago because it reminded me of snow. 2 in particular, one of the 87 storms and one in 88 they waited way too long to let us go. The 88 one was supposed to be 1-3 changing to rain and even though there was already 3” and snowing hard when I got up they brought us in, then decided to send us home an hour later but it was too late. We got about 10” and we waited all day for the busses to get back then the bus ride took an hour to go a few miles. Good times. 

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

28 here.

Trends on all guidance overnight and early this morning is a further north track, maybe outside of the Euro. It is cold now, but temps will warm today ahead of the developing low. With a further north/closer in track, the low level warmth will take longer to displace SE of I-95, and time is short for this one. Looks like a good thump for N central and maybe NE MD this evening. Looks very meh here with maybe a brief period of snow at the end. I should have stuck to my original plan and chased lol. Still might.

You’re welcome to stop at my homestead. Don’t know when I’ll be home though, depends on if BCPS closes early. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Seriously...what was the last storm where all models locked in on a similar solution and stayed that way all the way to game time? There's always 1 or 6 that stray as we get closer. That's why all of us are bald

speak for yourself.  I have luscious locks of hair.  flowing cascades of sandy brown follicles that billow in the wind.    

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Why are people so concerned about how much sun there is this morning? It wont make a damn bit of difference come game time.

I guess that's me who murmured about sun. Old habit. It always feels like an enemy In the city when every temp feels precious, even if the ultimate path to victory isn't cloud cover dependent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Why are people so concerned about how much sun there is this morning? It wont make a damn bit of difference come game time.

I think it will not only be the sun but cars too that ruin this event.  Look at all the cars out today.  And sun.  And toasters.  Too many people ruin snow with bagels and toast in the morning.  What happened to the days where people ate oatmeal or cream of wheat or cold cereal?

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I think it will not only be the sun but cars too that ruin this event.  Look at all the cars out today.  And sun.  And toasters.  Too many people ruin snow with bagels and toast in the morning.  What happened to the days where people ate oatmeal or cream of wheat or cold cereal?

For the record, those of us who live in one of the big cities are fully used to failing in marginal events and lash out and blame everything. Sun, cars, twitter, CAPE, and for sure Carbondale.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Also, I wish there was a way to know at a glance if it is Ji in character or Ji being actually serious when glancing at who made the last post in the long range thread. That's twice this morning I have flinched when I saw last post was him - and it turned out to be ok.

Adult Ji is in the morning(post BM).  Infant Ji happens for the 0z runs

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

For the record, those of us who live in one of the big cities are fully used to failing in marginal events and lash out and blame everything. Sun, cars, twitter, CAPE, and for sure Carbondale.

On top of all that I blame dirt the most.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic