Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January Banter 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, mappy said:

@psuhoffman i love ya man, but your 40° line is a bit south. even with the curvature (nice touch by the way) the line should be a smidgen over the PA line ;) 

It wasn’t meant to be 40. I was roughly paralleling DCs Lat. but I did it real quick so it might be a little off. Sorry. The point though is latitude matters more than longitude other than where elevation and water comes into play. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

It wasn’t meant to be 40. I was roughly paralleling DCs Lat. but I did it real quick so it might be a little off. Sorry. The point though is latitude matters more than longitude other than where elevation and water comes into play. 

oh, do not be sorry! if you didnt intend for it to be 40 then my comment was off-based and just silly. 

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

No 40 would probably made more sense. Or I should have labeled or specified it. My bad. 

no need for my bad! the reality is my OCD kicks into overdrive when I see a map and well... thats on me, not you. :) 

49 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm going to call it now.  Snow for the AFC Championship game in Bmore on the 19th.

:weenie:

If I were you I’d hope for the best field conditions possible. Wet, muddy (if grass)  snowy is an equalizer. It tends to make everyone the same speed. With the team the Ravens have you don’t want that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

If I were you I’d hope for the best field conditions possible. Wet, muddy (if grass)  snowy is an equalizer. It tends to make everyone the same speed. With the team the Ravens have you don’t want that.

I would agree with this for EVERY other team in the NFL except KC.  If the Ravens get the Chiefs (and I think they will) in the AFC championship that is the only time snow would likely advantage the Ravens.  KC is equally reliant on speed and skill position players but its more reliant on that wrt their passing game.   Baltimore is way more able to lean on their run game and win that type of game then KC is imo.  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I would agree with this for EVERY other team in the NFL except KC.  If you get the Chiefs (and I think you will) in the AFC championship that is the only time snow would likely advantage the Ravens.  KC is equally reliant on speed and skill position players but its more reliant on that wrt their passing game.   Baltimore is way more able to lean on their run game and win that type of game then KC is imo.  

I too think were going to play KC and I would normally agree with what you said but with Mahomes I'm not so sure. He looked really good in that snow game against Denver a few weeks ago. Their receivers had a lot of success and were able to run clean routes despite the heavy snow. Remember offensive players know where they want to run to. A snowy field is usually good for defenses because receivers have a hard time getting started into their routes but it sure seemed not to bother KC. I think I prefer windy and heavy rain with a sloppy field that causes some of his downfield passes to sail on him and makes it hard for their receivers to run clean deep routes. 

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I would agree with this for EVERY other team in the NFL except KC.  If the Ravens get the Chiefs (and I think they will) in the AFC championship that is the only time snow would likely advantage the Ravens.  KC is equally reliant on speed and skill position players but its more reliant on that wrt their passing game.   Baltimore is way more able to lean on their run game and win that type of game then KC is imo.  

That is absolutely true. A running team has a big advantage in the slop imo. However, I think Baltimore on a fast track is simply too talented and fast. They also run very hard. And with that defense I wouldn’t be afraid of anybody else’s offense. I’d be more worried about my offense opening the door to a fluke by either being slowed by the weather making the game closer or by committing turnovers giving the other team chances they wouldn’t ordinarily get.

Bottom line ... in clean conditions I don’t think any team can touch the Ravens

5 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That is absolutely true. A running team has a big advantage in the slop imo. However, I think Baltimore on a fast track is simply too talented and fast. They also run very hard. And with that defense I wouldn’t be afraid of anybody else’s offense. I’d be more worried about my offense opening the door to a fluke by either being slowed by the weather making the game closer or by committing turnovers giving the other team chances they wouldn’t ordinarily get.

Bottom line ... in clean conditions I don’t think any team can touch the Ravens

I think the Ravens are the best and most likely team to win the SB.  But don't sleep on KC.  They have a good enough offense to win any one game in a shootout.  Any given Sunday!

8 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

I too think were going to play KC and I would normally agree with what you said but with Mahomes I'm not so sure. He looked really good in that snow game against Denver a few weeks ago. Their receivers had a lot of success and were able to run clean routes despite the heavy snow. Remember offensive players know where they want to run to. A snowy field is usually good for defenses because receivers have a hard time getting started into their routes but it sure seemed not to bother KC. I think I prefer windy and heavy rain with a sloppy field that causes some of his downfield passes to sail on him and makes it hard for their receivers to run clean deep routes. 

Good point...Denver does suck though.  

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I think the Ravens are the best and most likely team to win the SB.  But don't sleep on KC.  They have a good enough offense to win any one game in a shootout.  Any given Sunday!

I'm really impressed with KC and think they are clearly the 2nd best team in the AFC. They have played better on defense over the last 6 games although they were against some really bad offenses but that still lends to gaining confidence. 

We all know Andy Reid's record in big games so that has me feeling somewhat better about this potential match up. 

Checking in on my old home zone.  It has been a lousy season here out west.  Snow pack is half of what it should be and only 1400 acres open. Summit has not opened once as it needs 60" base and only 36" right now. Hoping for improvement the next couple weeks but not having a good winter here. 

10 minutes ago, snownut said:

Checking in on my old home zone.  It has been a lousy season here out west.  Snow pack is half of what it should be and only 1400 acres open. Summit has opened once as it needs 60" base and only 36" right now. Hoping for improvement the next couple weeks but not having a good winter here. 

You will be doing significantly better in 2 weeks. 

8633419E-5DBB-4640-A0C0-A02F5E889AB4.thumb.png.4203121d7a81af89a14474b42fc15513.png

5 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Meanwhile, next weekend might be...wait for it...rain. AGAIN...smh Still 8 days out, but knowing our luck with the weather this year...that's gonna be exactly it.

4 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I can't see how anybody can sleep on KC, lol If/when we see them, that's gonna be a dog fight...I feel a bit better that would see them here instead of up there, but...still gonna be a challenge!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.thumb.png.0972beba4155474e1c960f2c7f29cbeb.png

Yeah I don't care if this is still 8 days out...I don't like seeing this. Rain in the vicinity for the game. Gets outta here by our 8:15 game time this run...but knowing our luck we've had with home weather this year, would not be surprised if it slowed down and delayed until the game is over, smh Hope this will he wrong!

2 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Next weekend - shorts?

Grass is already getting green.  It’s hard to imagine anything now but above normal temps.  I guess if you lock-in a bad pattern we could stay warm all winter then roll into spring.  It would be an interesting scenario. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic