• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jensenburnett
    Newest Member
    jensenburnett

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

glad it worked out well in the north, down here was pretty lame, can still see grass blades. Better than a bust, got what i expected. 

I figure my map will be pretty good except for north CT going to have to add a stripe of 12-18

When your snow loving dog wakes you up a half hour before normal. Lol I was like Dude go back to bed. Then I looked outside. They just love it. Gonna need to get the puppy pen cleaned out #rescuedogs

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Still pounding . We linger 

Did ya have to, did ya have to.

Hey pics or it didn't happen 

It really comes down when these convective-looking elements move overhead.....obscenely good snow growth....this stuff is gonna be like 20 to 1 blower after all that dense snow we got Sunday night.

Dec3_727amRadar.gif

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DomNH said:

9.5’’ additional overnight and coming down nicely still. Didn’t get a good final for round 1 but storm total is probably pushing 20’’.

Dom!!you are gonna need a bigger boat

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It really comes down when these convective-looking elements move overhead.....obscenely good snow growth....this stuff is gonna be like 20 to 1 blower after all that dense snow we got Sunday night.

Dec3_727amRadar.gif

5.5 on .31 here

the banded nature/shred rad fest that took place yesterday with that moisture starved conveyor is "technically" not part of "round 2"   ...just sayn'  

Some of you did quite well from that interim snow during the afternoon and evening yesterday, along Rt 2 and curving SW in pockets in CT.  But round 2 was more so the reconsolidating curved CCB head over the east overnight and this morning.  

Not that any of that matters...  snow is snow - 

Developing a lot of anger shoveling 10”+ in CON watching it pour dendritic fatties while it’s overcast a little bit north at home. 

• Haha 2

Snow has begun to accumulate here in Harwich, as of ten to twenty minutes ago, visibility has dropped another quarter mile in Chatham, we are at 32F now in Harwich.  We are going to get hammered in a short period of time.

• Haha 1

I'm curious how everyone did/averaged E of I-495, where last night there was resent if not vitriol regarding the snow total forecasts seemingly not matching the "illusion" of now-cast at the time.

I must admit, I too was a little surprised to see a solid new 6" on my wipe board this morning here in Ayer, and I suspect they snowed yet more say Willmington/Essex Co ?? So, those late snow totals forecasts nailed it if so - 

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

everything will be close to melted by dusk. Roads only have like .5-1 on them. Sunny day and temps in the upper 30s

Nah...Not so much here. Roads sure, but They’ll be plenty of snowcover here by dusk.  Super weak sun angle doesn’t go to work as fast this time of year. 

• Like 1