Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

2 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Thanks for the reminder with that map. Definitely some banding features and a somewhat more diagnol distribution. 

It must have been so painful to be in Litchfield cty for that storm, esp since they were under a Winter Storm Warning early  in the day and didnt even see a flake. So you ended up with 2.2"

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It must have been so painful to be in Litchfield cty for that storm, esp since they were under a Winter Storm Warning early  in the day and didnt even see a flake. So you ended up with 2.2"

Maybe a bit more but not more than 3".  Regardless it was a tough storm to watch being so close to the goods.  

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Well to be fair...it is November 20th, and most years don’t have air cold enough around for the systems to produce snow at this time of year.  So it’s not just an excuse, it’s a cold hard fact..lol no pun intended with the “cold” part.

I agree. We shouldn't be looking for storms to be snow at this point. The good news is, we're getting into a good rhythm with nor'easters happening. With this pattern, I see these still happening throughout the winter. And, it will get colder. Even when it's marginal, in January and February, marginal is cold enough for snow with these types of storms. So sit tight, smiling, exciting times are ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

Hit 32.2F at the summit at 2254ft, but it's up to 32.7F now.

ya i hiked up a trail (with a BAD LEG) to about 1700' on wet leaves then i looked up and realized things looked the same the next couple hundred feet so , i realized this wasn't a good idea and turned around. Was pleased to see snow.

flakes were non existent outside of 800' elevation ...What a fail of sorts wether the BL whatever model was posted yesterday  or what

CAA is really plumeting temps in Nashua ...been 37 last 3 hours.