Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I'll be heading up there next weekend.  Buried...Absolutely BURIED!!

32 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Hope you're bringing your Arctic Cat Alpha One. 

Check out the outdoor sports thread in the Great Lakes/Ohio Valley sub forum. Don’t Jonger yourself. 

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I can see that, esp if it ticks N in the last hour. Lowest SSTs of the year are a benefit though. 

Let's just keep hoping that the Saturday event keeps trending more amped.

As others have said, the more amped Sat is, the flatter the Sunday night/Monday event is.

Gonna be a super tight window to max out on both events either way. I'll be happy with just one of them delivering 8"+

13 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I can see that, esp if it ticks N in the last hour. Lowest SSTs of the year are a benefit though. 

Boston SST was 37°F as of yesterday, the lowest for the date since 2015.  With BN cold ahead of us, they can only dip lower.  That could bode well for more marginal situations later in the month.

29 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Euro has been awful this winter. Can't take it seriously at all.

The Euro has been rock steady on several large storms this season, at least up this way.  The EPS even more so.  You may have stopped really paying attention on the numerous non-snow events but the Euro was definitely the best model up here this winter.

This is a bit of a different pattern though now.  

• Like 1

I don't see a lot of phasing for that Sat system...  It looks like it's just got some surprise potency on the run in own rites... It really looks like a disjointed albeit negative tilted slope there.. .but a disparate wave signature curls up into NYS while there's a weird mini closure of the 500 mb surface scooting NE of CC ... 

also, the idea of warning snow Saturday then again Monday is a relatively rare occurrence (statistically) and there's a reason for that.  Usually the higher the QPF, the more wave spacing is required to reload the pattern.   It has happened before... Dec 1996 had back to backs ... poorly forecast, too. The first wasn't but a cat paw forecast and everyone in central/NE zones flipped and went down to 1/4 mi parachutes for the better part of 4 or 5 hours that leveled some 4-6" of positive blue bust.  Then came the thundersnow the following overnight to the tune of another 5-9" and between the two there was substantial power issues... 

But again, that's rare... just something to keep in mind as the GFS tries to turn your screws.

• Like 1