• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

I'll be up in vt the 9th through 13th.  I like to think I bring some luck since I've already done well this year with 38 inches at smuggs 1/8-11th and 15-19 at mount snow/magic 1/19-20.  Plus I did real well with trips during last March's snows.  Models look promising if we can keep it from cutting over the great lakes like every other storm this year.  

Tomorrow will be interesting too.  Supposed to leave from southeast PA to Connecticut at 3am on Monday for work. NWS currently has me at 6-8", although I wouldn't be surprised to see lower than that.  We're really relying on fronto to cool the column and keep us from mixing/help increase ratios down here.  

9 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Well, Im moving to Nashville, starting my drive on the 8th. Winter will commence shortly there after. Im 100% positive that Im going to miss the KU of the century

Wow--what's prompting the move?  My daughter's dream is/was to live there.  I visited it with her when she was graduating college.  Love it.

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like maybe one last week upcoming of deep winter cold? Most guidance loses the -20C nonsense up to the arctic circle after this week. Hopefully we can start to transition into bowling ball season.

Hey I probably should know but can you tell me why exactly "bowling ball season" refers to?

11 minutes ago, alex said:

Hey I probably should know but can you tell me why exactly "bowling ball season" refers to?

That link to Joe Lundberg is a good explanation. Wavelengths start to shorten as we get into spring and we’re more prone to strong, slow moving, cutoff lows.

9 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Never in a million years did i ever give one thought to living in a place with horrid humidity...but the company i worked for on Cape Cod, owns a park in Nashville. Life throws curveballs...but cheers to new adventures

Did you have to ask someone or did they offer all the HAP employees if they wanted to transfer to Nashville? Just curious

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea install,  March 12 is walking in the door

56886144-D1D5-4869-9295-3EDAFA6BDD2C.png

Best look we've seen all year, too...  Looks warm ENSO like... although the gradient's still a bit steep ...still, getting any mean to load the Rockies with ridging is quite the accolade for this season and I bet that look there has a few particular members with fun antics.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Looks like maybe one last week upcoming of deep winter cold? Most guidance loses the -20C nonsense up to the arctic circle after this week. Hopefully we can start to transition into bowling ball season.

Break out the jorts. March sun does feel awesome this morning. Hey at least you are not in Havre, talk about blowing a record away

984E7884-8B1B-4F7A-A6B0-F50522CA7DC6.jpeg

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Did you have to ask someone or did they offer all the HAP employees if they wanted to transfer to Nashville? Just curious

3 of us at first reached out to the Virginia Beach Park. We had some conversations and 2 of my coworkers actually went down last weekend to check it out and look at apartments. I decided to also reach out to Nashville and they were more excited at the prospect of having the 3 of us on staff. So we talked about it and decided to go with Nashville. Ive heard rumblings about refiling permits for HAP...but HAP may end up being permanently closed. Such a sad ending for an amazing park experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Wow--what's prompting the move?  My daughter's dream is/was to live there.  I visited it with her when she was graduating college.  Love it.

The company I worked for on Cape cod owns multiple parks, so 3 of decided to look into working at the Nashville Park. Im still heartbroken that the CapeCod park closed :(

Was just out side. The temp is 40 with full sun and light breezes. Snow pack is melting insanely fast. Smells like spring. Also the ski is filled with super puffy beautiful cumulus clouds.

That's how i judge the transition from winter to spring. Once we start getting cumulus clouds, i feel the atmosphere has transitioned from winter to spring.