• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

I've been looking at the models all day to consider this zr versus ip battle.

The line of freezing rain should be really, really slim. Considering that, and movement of the sleet line overall, I think any damage due to icing will be minimal, and very isolated.

I think everyone pounds sleet. It has that skinny warm layer and then it's a complete freezer to the surface. No doubt should be majority sleet.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

You guys can ride the RPM, I like the RGEM ;) 

IMG_1946.thumb.PNG.5366fa9c1ae89ea32e5012db3886879f.PNG

All of these shorter term models are hammering NE MA down to BOS even. of course moreso places like Methuen and Wilmington etc. But I think we're seeing a fairly decent signal here of a lot what Will and other red taggers have flagged. This sleet line makes significant progress, but it sure looks like it hits an absolute wall near the pike. If we toss the global thermals, replace with meso thermals, pretty much exactly what some have laid out here in the past few days.

• Like 1

Just now, sbos_wx said:

I've been looking at the models all day to consider this zr versus ip battle.

The line of freezing rain should be really, really slim. Considering that, and movement of the sleet line overall, I think any damage due to icing will be minimal, and very isolated.

I think everyone pounds sleet. It has that skinny warm layer and then it's a complete freezer to the surface. No doubt should be majority sleet.

Sleet is just useless. 

WPC has bullseye of 70> or greater shot at a foot from SW Vermont up to killington E to Squam lakes NH then S down east of Mt monadanock back west to SW VT 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Sleet is just useless. 

WPC has bullseye of 70> or greater shot at a foot from SW Vermont up to killington E to Squam lakes NH then S down east of Mt monadanock back west to SW VT 

I will take sleet > rain a billion times out of ten. There is NOTHING more depressing than snow to plain rain. NOTHING. Divorce and death does suck though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s showing up on models somewhat consistently 

one thing I noticed on 18z gfs , precip looked like it hit a wall of dry air over SW Maine and the area east of MHT to Concord a few hours longer holding off the thump 

There has been a hole in that area of nh on several models for a couple days. wonder why

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Is this a repeat gtg when we got booted out of the room for hooting Barry’s 1-3?  8 verified btw.

Lot is on the line w that initial thumpidy dumpidy

if you toggle back on nam and gfs you can see that initial precip w the thump starts a couple hours later now 

of course these model observations are met w tantrums