Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Looks like round 2 wants to fringe me too. Guess the snow gods are making up for lost time.  Guess I should have taken the fringe risk more seriously. Just assumed it would pull the last minute north bump to save me as usual. 

It will all even out next weekend while you get buried and we have a sleet glacier.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Localized stuff is unpredictable. The precip is still advecting from the south. Havent even had the pivot yet. Should be a neat radar look once everything turns and gets the ne-sw orientation. I'm at 6.5" total and a clean 6" sitting on everything. If i managed another 1.5" that would be an 8" event which is 4 times what i first thought so won't here any complaining out of me 

Can you tell where the edge of the precip shield will be?  Right now radar looks bare to SW of DC but I gather that will fill in?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Can you tell where the edge of the precip shield will be?  Right now radar looks bare to SW of DC but I gather that will fill in?

No way to know exactly. It will blossom and curl through and exit. Will prob have a convective appearance with localized heavies and super light on either side. I'm not expecting much but east of me could have some surprises

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Localized stuff is unpredictable. The precip is still advecting from the south. Havent even had the pivot yet. Should be a neat radar look once everything turns and gets the ne-sw orientation. I'm at 6.5" total and a clean 6" sitting on everything. If i managed another 1.5" that would be an 8" event which is 4 times what i first thought so won't here any complaining out of me 

Bob, no doubt you were inoculated against having any chance of becoming jipolar a long time ago.  Most of us received that immunity at a young age...

Sitting at 6.5" here about a mile NW of Vienna.  Picking up again....

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Homophones 

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Only measuring about 4 here in northeast Balt. City...but perhaps I may not be measuring correctly, lol Been in a lull the last couple hours, but some furries starting to move in again. I still want to hit the 5 inch mark!

I can confirm the 4” measurement in NE Baltimore.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

How about Balt. City? (I selfishly wanna hit at least 5 inches, lol)

Right on the edge. Another .1 or so. Dc and SE is the best. Another weenie band is showing up by Winchester with another inch or 2 from now until it ends. However, euro has been moving the qpf jacks every run. Won't know how it shakes out until it shakes out.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic