Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

0.52" liquid at BWI. 0.75" at DCA, 0.71" at IAD.

Wow. Globals busted low on QPF. NAM was of course crazy. But still probably will end up closest when all is said and done. 

7 minutes ago, cae said:

I'm in Towson.  It looks like I should be on the edge of that band, but there's not a flake in the sky.

I think the issue is with the radar. For some reason it depicts the bands a bit further north than where they actually are. I noticed that myself in Woodlawn when the radar showed me on the southern edge, yet it was ripping. But then further north on 695 into supposedly better returns, it tapered off.

Seems like I-70 is the cutoff between the haves and have-nots.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

4.3”, picked up .2”.

If only we had had returns over us the whole day, could’ve verified low-end warning. Busted down here.

It was a frustrating day down here. Albemarle did well back in December so I guess it evens out. 

Just now, supernovasky said:

I’m gonna end up with more snow round 2 than round 1.

At this rate, I might, too, as crazy as that sounds.

I am not too far away from you.  We are getting dumped on for the past 2 hours!  

11 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

It definitely helped to boost the morale on this forum. Especially after 3 terrible years. And this was supposed to be no big deal. I think most are satisfied (except Ji, of course). And probably the Northern MD crew. 

It was so good, heck even I am satisfied (given the fact I am out of town lol). Damn good overperformer! I have stuff to do down here and I am officially behind, because I cannot stop reading this topic. Its engrossing and addictive lol

I couldnt tear myself away from the radar either lol

• Like 3

WTOP just reported that  (Metrorust) will stop service at the ends of their current runs.

(Metrosnail) was not said to be affected, but with totals above 8 inches, I expect aboveground stations to be affected.

Great lesson there.  If you get under the upper level energy on the backside you can score big time.  But if you're not under it, you just sit on the sidelines jealously watching. 

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Not sure about airports, but I think Downtown and Midtown DC could too. 

70 is definitely the cut off. Glad I live south of it for once lol!

PS- that death band is STILL moving north, not ESE... wtf is going on?! More bands blossoming to our south and heading this way as well. This thing eventually has to rotate out, which means that band could come back overhead 

I'm satisfied but but just mildly annoyed, lol. Especially since we just moved from Columbia  I'm sure we'll get more chances down the road. I'm driving south into the DC area tomorrow so I'll get to see all that snow, albeit the day after. 

3 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Seems like there’s a lot of dry air in NOVA while Maryland is getting crushed. 9.3” and fringed in N Arlington. Congrats Moco on the 15”.

You could be stuck in Baltimore with under 5” would you quit whining about being “fringed”?

• Like 1

Just now, vastateofmind said:

30/28, received (about) 1.5" on top of the 6.75 we received overnight. Absolutely, stunningly beautiful evening out there...if you haven't made time for a Jebwalk, you really should.

IMG_20190113_175142.jpg

Thats just fabulous! Yeah folks, slap on some headphones, grab the shovel, and go for a memorable snow jebwalk in that! There's nothing like fresh snow!

• Like 2

Looking at radar, if any of that stuff near Fredericksburg can make it to my back yard I can crack 9”