Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, powderfreak said:

Freezing rain, occasionally mixed with big flakes.  It's been an odd mixture at times.  ZR is definitely the predominant p-type lately though.

Same here. Though at my gym, over by the KMPV site, there was much more precious falling. Has just about stopped at my house. 

8 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Some of the worst black ice I have ever encountered on the drive home from hockey tonight. Roads were a rink too. At least in snow you are going slow. Going to be a lot of accidents in the valley. Our hill is still in fog and at 33*.

It’s been above freezing here for a while, but a bit to my east, in Fitchburg and Leominster, the roads have been icy

35 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Some of the worst black ice I have ever encountered on the drive home from hockey tonight. Roads were a rink too. At least in snow you are going slow. Going to be a lot of accidents in the valley. Our hill is still in fog and at 33*.

Came a whisker to getting killed because of black ice about 10 years ago, got lucky, had to do a couple shots of jack after that incident.

Event totals: 1.4” Snow/0.27” L.E.

We’ve had a mixture of snow and sleet this evening, with just a light mixture of pellets and snow grains coming down at the 10:00 P.M. observations.

Details from the 10:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.4 inches

New Liquid: 0.17 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 2.4

Snow Density: 42.5% H2O

Temperature: 32.9 F

Sky:  Light snow/sleet

Snow at the stake: 12.0 inches

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah seriously.  If he's snow during the overnight and early morning stuff, it'll pile up quickly.

I've been stuck at 32° F with fog since midday. We never mixed out the low level cold at the surface here. North Adams was partly sunny and up around 40° F. There was some freezing rain earlier, so midlevels are warm. 

Hopefully, the dynamics will cool the column quick enough so that I don't waste too much QPF as rain/freezing rain. How much of my snow comes from the CCB vs. the upslope will be interesting. Some of the models keep the upslope going into Thursday AM...