• Member Statistics

    15,569
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    HunterMT
    Newest Member
    HunterMT
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
HoarfrostHubb

Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

Recommended Posts

Early returns on the 12z suite has the Wednesday potential increasing again. GGEM and GFS both show it. The front end stuff looks pretty weak but probably an inch or two for most folks in this forum. Southern half of CT/RI might be tougher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiss of death maybe, but it’s not like we can get less than zero.  Part 2 def looks better...I guess I should change the dates


You’ll be fine starting this, It’s not like whole region would get skunked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Canadian is rather tucky looking in the thermals across nrn and NE MA.

Flash freeze with moderate snow from redeveloper? Could envision that based on the look. Something to watch anyway until it ultimately becomes a NNE CJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Flash freeze with moderate snow from redeveloper? Could envision that based on the look. Something to watch anyway until it ultimately becomes a NNE CJ. 

LOL, probably. But hey..would be nice to get a break for once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Ukie develops the low in NE MA, but probably a bit too far north for SNE..would be a Dendy to Dryslot special. The later panels appear to swing some wrap around lighter snows I would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s not a storm you don’t post about liking your spot other than today’s 

Well other than big elevation events, he's in a good spot. :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless your looking for something siggy which looks to be off the board, I think what were going to be seeing is, An overrunning event with the first wave, Wave two at worse, Probably the same scenario but certainly has more upside to it so will have to watch what transpire over the next couple days or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Unless your looking for something siggy which looks to be off the board, I think what were going to be seeing is, An overrunning event with the first wave, Wave two at worse, Probably the same scenario but certainly has more upside to it so will have to watch what transpire over the next couple days or so.

Has the high trended to a more worse position for Tue Am . Quick look at Ukie and a 1029 High is centered south east to north east east of SNE over Atlantic ?

earlier runs had the elongated N-S look which I didn’t love but it was usually still centered N of NNE or NE of NNE, seems higher pressures to the south and east have amplified into what has been the more traditional high position last couple weeks for approaching storms and retreating highs , thou maybe it still works as long as high doesn’t retreat another 6-8 hrs faster ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Has the high trended to a more worse position for Tue Am . Quick look at Ukie and a 1029 High is centered south east to north east east of SNE over Atlantic ?

earlier runs had the elongated N-S look which I didn’t love but it was usually still centered N of NNE or NE of NNE, seems higher pressures to the south and east have amplified into what has been the more traditional high position last couple weeks for approaching storms and retreating highs , thou maybe it still works as long as high doesn’t retreat another 6-8 hrs faster ?

If you have to analyze the orientation of a high that much it's probably a shit system.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Has the high trended to a more worse position for Tue Am . Quick look at Ukie and a 1029 High is centered south east to north east east of SNE over Atlantic ?

When we had solutions that were giving 4-8" on the front end, we had a low trying to go south, but that energy has trended weaker and west so it's kind of just a weak  WAA event now. Because of that we don't really eat a good low to the south which means the high doesn't wrap around and anchor to the north. It kind of just sits near N Maine and elongates. It's still a good CAD spot but it doesn't do a ton unless we get energy underneath us. 

To see what I mean, picture a low trying slice south of us in this image instead of just a primary west of us...you can see how the low pressure poking eastward over LI or so would really look classic with where that high is. 

 

IMG_2286.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Has the high trended to a more worse position for Tue Am . Quick look at Ukie and a 1029 High is centered south east to north east east of SNE over Atlantic ?

I would say its further SE and 3mb weaker then the 0z run, So in theory its not better.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s not a storm you don’t post about liking your spot other than today’s 

Part of it is the novelty...I'm sure you would be pumped if this were your first winter coming from Vernon to 1K. I spent so many storms narrowly on the wrong side of the coastal front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Part of it is the novelty...I'm sure you would be pumped if this were your first winter coming from Vernon to 1K. I spent so many storms narrowly on the wrong side of the coastal front.

You will be enjoying your new digs weather wise coming up here and going forward me thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

When we had solutions that were giving 4-8" on the front end, we had a low trying to go south, but that energy has trended weaker and west so it's kind of just a weak  WAA event now. Because of that we don't really eat a good low to the south which means the high doesn't wrap around and anchor to the north. It kind of just sits near N Maine and elongates. It's still a good CAD spot but it doesn't do a ton unless we get energy underneath us. 

To see what I mean, picture a low trying slice south of us in this image instead of just a primary west of us...you can see how the low pressure poking eastward over LI or so would really look classic with where that high is. 

 

IMG_2286.GIF

Thanks for illustration Will 

Just appeared the 12z position tuesday has it sliding east faster . As In not over Maine but more centered South of Nova Scotia . I didn’t understand if the return S flow would be something to watch to cook BL temps in E SNE or if that was not an issue when precip falls 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The temps are very cold to start, even when winds go SE. Logan has a decent shot of an inch. :lol:  It seems like areas near the Pike through 84 will cook mostly near the end of, or after any precip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The temps are very cold to start, even when winds go SE. Logan has a decent shot of an inch. :lol:  It seems like areas near the Pike through 84 will cook mostly near the end of, or after any precip. 

Cook like 40’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Cook like 40’s?

Yeah. Unless somehow the low can skip along the south coast, but I think many areas may be like 37-44 or so depending on location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah. Unless somehow the low can skip along the south coast, but I think many areas may be like 37-44 or so depending on location.

Euro tries to keep N ORH county below freezing. Maybe a little better CAD showing as it tries to form a little mesolow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro tries to keep N ORH county below freezing. Maybe a little better CAD showing as it tries to form a little mesolow. 

That's the best hope..maybe even a tucky there into NE MA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Does Euro still bring light snow on rear end?

Pretty meh this run. Develops slightly too late but it's close. 

SNE gets 1-3 on the front end and that's about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.