• Member Statistics

    15,570
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    diviningweather
    Newest Member
    diviningweather
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
HoarfrostHubb

Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

My car is still partially salt covered from my trip to Gore Mountain. Barely any snow OTG except past Albany.

Good mountain when we have a real winter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ok gfs def trended south there with the second wave. That's a little more interesting...get another tick and there could be something shovelable for N MA. 

Hmm...maybe the onshore sampling is playing a role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GFS tried wrapping around snow on the western edge as it deepened it tugged SE. I'd like to see other guidance show this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS tried wrapping around snow on the western edge as it deepened it tugged SE. I'd like to see other guidance show this.

It has tried to do this with other systems this wonter, but those haven’t been realized. Let’s see if it can buck that trend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

hopefully the euro continues this trend.  does the bigger picture seem to support a south trend?

I'd feel better I think up towards IZG area right now. I feel like you'd want to see a 12z support and then have 18z continue for your area to establish any trend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoastalWx said:

I'd feel better I think up towards IZG area right now. I feel like you'd want to see a 12z support and then have 18z continue for your area to establish any trend. 

I agree....I'm just postulating that the trends in the larger features might be suggestive of a bit of a south trend on this.  4+ would be decent but 6+ would be a real win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I agree....I'm just postulating that the trends in the larger features might be suggestive of a bit of a south trend on this.  4+ would be decent but 6+ would be a real win.

Definitely 4+ for cumulative total within reach there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Definitely 4+ for cumulative total within reach there.

I guess I'm expecting it to trend better so I am set up for a disappointment probably.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 12z H5 track was sharper and a few tics further south from the 06z run so root for that to continue.

06z

image.png.a677300f1922bb3549a5dd6575b3e44a.png

12z

image.png.7f5e76f03286c19166e393247e7bc6df.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I thought I was safe this week so I decided to buy a part for my old snow blower this morning that won't arrive until 1/17. Voila the models instantly turn much snowier.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Eastern whites through Maine mtns get smoked. 

Love to be at SR for this one. Smoke job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Little colder up here too, Looks to stay mainly snow with 1-1.25"+ qpf or so.

Nice 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is turning in a really good snowstorm for CNE/NNE. 

At least is trending in a nice direction at 72hrs

was in Meredith last nite, beautiful snow cover , didn’t appear more than 6” or “so” had some nice squalls this a.m. Maybe they are at 35” for the winter, but the near constant snow cover makes a world of difference regardless of annual snow totals imo compared to staring at brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nice 

At least is trending in a nice direction at 72hrs

was in Meredith last nite, beautiful snow cover , didn’t appear more than 6” or “so” had some nice squalls this a.m. Maybe they are at 35” for the winter, but the near constant snow cover makes a world of difference regardless of annual snow totals imo compared to staring at brown

snow cover non-existent in Concord, patchy but full in the woods in Boscawen exit 17.  Further n and w of exit 17 including Brian I believe is full snow cover.  Big gradient with those wet snow/mixed events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.