Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Quick look at the 12Z Euro.  No big deal for SNE.  Does get the Tuesday night storm going in the GOM to give Eastern NH/Maine 4-8" snowfall, especially down east Maine.

I’d set the O/U for 2 “part event” at .

5 for Bos 

1” ORH

2”MHT

6” N Conway 

7” K dry slot 

1” K tolland 

This is more for Southern New England. But the euro ensembles also develop a weak low and move it into the gulf of Maine. To me anyways, that has the look of sneaky cold air over northern mass. I could almost see one of those snow to snizzle kind of set ups if the cold stays there and they’re in the 20s. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is more for Southern New England. But the euro ensembles also develop a weak low and move it into the gulf of Maine. To me anyways, that has the look of sneaky cold air over northern mass. I could almost see one of those snow to snizzle kind of set ups if the cold stays there and they’re in the 20s. 

Ensembles looked a bit slower with the second system...might be better for SNE if that is the case. You can see the CAD getting better on today's runs too...I think this could end up staying colder over the interior...at least for places like N ORH county over to near Ray...a little meso tuck could help too. 

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ensembles looked a bit slower with the second system...might be better for SNE if that is the case. You can see the CAD getting better on today's runs too...I think this could end up staying colder over the interior...at least for places like N ORH county over to near Ray...a little meso tuck could help too. 

Yeah this cold air is not gonna be easy to dislodge so it does have that work.

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Any chance N CT could stay in the 30’s and retain the pack ?

• Haha 1

Well.. in any case, the correction assumption from four or five days ago toward a more flat wave amplitude with less curved flow seems to have been the right call given all modeling at this time.  If we recall ... back whence the Euro was attempting to quasi close along ~ Long Island ...  To me in my mind this has always been about whether we could instead get a narrow open wave amplitude enough to late blow up and clip on exit ... 

Still in the game believe it or not.. The mechanics are coming into the blah blah out west more so on the 00z.

Probably pointless to mention but will anyway...the NAM is slightly more amped ...  

I think if we can get the 534 dm isotach S of LI we'll have a better shot at things.

Just now, dendrite said:

If I could make it leapfrog me I would. The snow:cleanup ratio has been way too low.

I'm in for different reasons, Need as much pack build as possible, So all this no matter how small goes towards that, If i have to go clean up 4-5 3" storms every few days or so, Lets do it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Another junky WAA event. We’ve had plenty of these. At least this one won’t have a changeover to an inch of rain on top of it.

Yeah this has definitely become less interesting the past few days.  Maybe a dense 2-4" and some mist after?  The follow up wave on the models is like an unmanned firehose...no two runs are alike.  

Okay ... so now two cycles of GFS trend slightly more amped on each on. Incremental... but the main relay onto land out west isn't actually beginning until overnight. I thought it was 00z but it looks like the earliest that begins to take place is 06 z and 12z tomorrow.

This run shows how sensitive this is to very minor adjustments, as this run has a pretty clear 2-3" type band blossoming rt 2 within an IVT