Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The 18z GFS is the furthest model north with that SLP, Even further then the 12z run when other guidance shifted south.

Comparing the 12z EURO...it looks like 25-30 miles (the size of a county) north of that.  But yeah that's going to matter a lot in your neck of the woods.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  

The EPS snowfall progs are pretty impressive in this area for a 50-member mean through the next 3.5 days.  Still a few days to go but that's a good signal in NNE.

IMG_1800.thumb.PNG.546c7d5f723fbff30e4f25d6cb2444a8.PNG

Those color contours target right over your head. I’ll take whatever we get, which I’m guessing will be 6”-8”. Today’s 3” was a nice unexpected bonus. 

I would certainly like to be another 50 miles or so further NW for this one as it stands right now, Riding the edge here so we will continue to watch if we can trend this colder and keep the SLP track further south over the next few cycles,  But I’m heading to Eustis next weekend they look to do quite well there so that works too.

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

PF...you're gonna get smoked in this one. You over to Sunday river. Most of the rest of us are left out aside from maybe an inch or two...dryslot to dendrite axis still in the game but looking a bit shakey there on some runs. 

Yeah we drool. Him over th the Whites and into Maine. Crushed.

51 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

I’m lurking but can you guys dumb it down for ignorant weenies such as myself? :blink:

Basically 2 systems.  First one is a general light snowfall in NNE through your way.  That's the easy part. Then a 2nd coastal storm will form.  Looks to be too far north for SNE but the mountains of Maine, NH and Vermont should do very well.  Up in your area it will really depend on where exactly the 2nd storm forms.  There may be a tight snowfall gradient in Maine as you get away from the coast and up into the mountains.  That's my take.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Basically 2 systems.  First one is a general light snowfall in NNE through your way.  That's the easy part. Then a 2nd coastal storm will form.  Looks to be too far north for SNE but the mountains of Maine, NH and Vermont should do very well.  Up in your area it will really depend on where exactly the 2nd storm forms.  There may be a tight snowfall gradient in Maine as you get away from the coast and up into the mountains.  That's my take.

You speak fantastic layman’s language, THANK YOU!  That really helped immensely.  

Another very tough forecast for my area if the models hold serve.  On Nov 27th I got plastered with the 13" birch bender that knocked out power to most of our town and caused extensive tree damage.  While I got my 13" 600 feet below me got 5" and 25 miles southeast got barely enough to cover the ground.  Will this be the same?  Still way to early and models will keep making adjustments.  Hope this can develop further south so more people get into the action.  Fun to watch it unfold, wish it didn't happen in the wee hours of Wed AM when Im asleep

23 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Another very tough forecast for my area if the models hold serve.  On Nov 27th I got plastered with the 13" birch bender that knocked out power to most of our town and caused extensive tree damage.  While I got my 13" 600 feet below me got 5" and 25 miles southeast got barely enough to cover the ground.  Will this be the same?  Still way to early and models will keep making adjustments.  Hope this can develop further south so more people get into the action.  Fun to watch it unfold, wish it didn't happen in the wee hours of Wed AM when Im asleep

Mid level temps are a bit of a problem until heights start to crash. We both may be just a bit too warm aloft until the tail end. Hopefully everything ticks south.

Whiten things up nicely tomorrow night for end of week butter cold snap ahead of the big weekend storm 

Tuesday night into Wednesday night ...

Precip-burst initially rain quickly changing to snow. Potent vortmax
beneath broad diffluence ahead of cyclonic digging, closing low-mid
level low. Wrapping stretched Pacific sub-tropical warm-moist tongue
with precipitable waters up to 0.75 pre lead vortmax, conditionally
unstable environment within positive vorticity advection yielding W
to E sweeping deep frontogenetical banding beneath favorable ascent
right around midnight into early Wednesday morning, expect precip-
banding, quick hit, initial rain quickly changing to snow per mid-
level precip-intensity netting low-level column cooling. Quickly
changing conditions towards and into the Wednesday AM commute, will
not be surprised if most of S New England, especially N/W MA / CT ,